Eight

Arriving at their destination. Somehow Mavka's heart began to soar profoundly. A type of anxiety that shouldn't be there. Mavka, for the first time in forever, felt a sinking feeling inside her body. Expression of tartness still laid bare on her face. Tough as stone on the outside but apprehensive on the inside. 

The door finally shifted open, and the stormtroopers behind her shoved her inside as General Hux entered. His forever formal stance wandered across the room. As he settled in, he gestured to the stormtroopers.

"Leave us." He ordered. The stormtroopers nodded at his command and proceeded to leave the room, perhaps remaining only on the outside of the chamber. The sound of the door shut. Now they were both left alone. 

Mavka didn't move or bother to take one step forward into the room. Her hands were clasped on one of another just in front of her body. It was a distinct difference in the stances that most Imperial officers possessed. She stood like a demure girl. The void of the space atmosphere was the only view to glimpse through. A darkening room, so obscure yet, so imminent. Mavka wasn't entirely sure what was going to happen. A little chatter, perhaps? The discussion of her fate? 

General Hux took a moment to admire the view of the galaxy through the expansive window before turning to face Mavka. He noticed her tense posture, sensing a vulnerability that stirred up memories of his own past. He approached her slowly, moving with the grace of a predator on the hunt.

He took one glower at her. Her mouth slowly opens, pressure tugging onto her. Mavka wanted to speak.

"You have brought much dispute to the First Order." He pauses. "I am not sure why you haven't been taken care of. And yet..." General Hux stops and notices her apprehension. She was hesitating to vocalize. 

"Speak your mind

"Speak your mind." He asserted. 

Mavka noiselessly cleared her throat.

"...I... apologize." She properly adjusts her posture and faces him with great poise. "It was... awful ... to as-assault you." 

"Speak up, girl. I can hardly hear you." He exclaims. General Hux comes closer to her, perhaps to better understand her speech. 

"It was wrong to ... hurt you. A General. I was an... idiot." Mavka wasn't entirely good at forming words, words of consideration and respect. Her Galatic Basic was not perfect, so she had hoped it was good enough. General Hux looks down at her, a poor, wretched whelp. 

"You see... my Lekku---"Mavka begins to explain, raising her fingers to her head.

"Your what...?" He said in puzzlement. General Hux turns to her, bewildered. 

Mavka poked at her Lekku. "These are hurtful. When touched or... pulled." Mavka continued to explain. General Hux continues to give a distasteful expression.