9

Mav - ka   - E - In

             This all felt like an improvement. Something like no other. Something unexpected and new. But, Mavka didn't want it.

Lieutenant Sytnnix and Mavka were waiting in a lift. The elevator door opened from behind them, and there came a group of stormtroopers. Their presence was overwhelming. But nothing was sure to happen.

Finally, the doors in front of them shifted open. And they appeared to be in a large room with many workers, technicians, and Imperial officers. Many of the employees were on these desks. A dozen of working bees.

The two stepped out as they kept moving forward. Mavka could sense an approaching figure closing in on them. A tall, scrawny man wearing a white uniform.

"Stop." He said. Commanding them to halt their movement.

Stynnix turned her head at the man. Slightly confused.

"Lieutenant Stynnix." He greeted. Then he glanced at Mavka.

"Colonel Garmuth." Said Stynnix. A Colonel? Guess that explains why he appeared to be distinctive-looking.

"What is the meaning of this?" Questioned Stynnix. She seemed quite annoyed.

The man straightens his stance. Hands behind the back. "Security has increased. Ever since one of our own turned against us, my duty has been to monitor every rank that comes through.-- Who are you escorting?" Stynnix cleared her throat.

"This is Assistant Ein." The Colonel gave a bewildered look.

"Assistant? Of whom? I am unaware of this rank."

"She is the assistant of General Hux, sir. I am merely advising her." The Colonel continued to give a perplexed look. He takes a few glances at Mavka. Yet, he is not convinced.

"Let me see that." The Colonel orders the young Lieutenant to hand over her datapad. Stynnix rolls her eyes. But she complies anyway. Giving the Colonel the datapad, he studies it for a while. As he keeps his eyes on the datapad... "I find it hard to believe that the General would consider this troubled alien to be his close assistant."

As he scrolls through the datapad, his eyes are fixated on what he sees.

"An ex-Death Trooper, relegated for assaulting their counterparts." He jeers. His expression was beginning to pester Mavka. Small chuckles here and there.

"Tell me you are tooling with me." Says the Colonel. But the young lieutenant kept a still face. Stynnix seemed like she wanted to agree with him. Nevertheless, she didn't heed his disbelief.

"With all due respect, sir, if you have not been acknowledged. Ein...- saved the General from a spy." Said Stynnix. Mavka, throughout this conversation, just stood still and kept quiet. Feeling mixed emotions from this discussion regarding her position and appearance. With Stynnix's statement, the Colonel quieted down, then glanced at Mavka, then back at the Lieutenant.

"Very well, on your way then, I'll see to this with the General himself." Finally, the Colonel gave his last words and dismissed the two. Lieutenant Stynnix nodded at his command, and finally, they moved once again. Mavka looked left and right as they passed through a large room with many operators on individual desks; they all took sharp glimpses at her.

Mavka felt deeply insecure, the knife of diffidence stabbing through her flesh of emotions.

She turned to Stynnix. "Lieutenant Stynnix. Where do we go?" She asked.

"The Regimentals. You will be given an entirely new uniform to designate your duty. A few inquiries, and then I will advise with a few essential items." Stynnix replied. Mavka looked at her with a blank stare. A whole chunk load she had to register into her mind.