13

"Fighters incoming!"

The whole base began to shake and tumble with its occupants feeling it beneath their feet. Outside the window where the cold snowy land laid, a few X-Wing ships soared down below where the blasts spat on the large post. General Hux watched as he explored for the incoming fighters. In concern, he turned to face one of his officers. 

"Dispatch all squadrons." He commanded. His face gradually drifted into worry and concern but he was certain that his crew would be able to fight off a few of X-Wing fighters.

"Yes, General."

Once more, he took a big glance behind him where continued to eye the large scene of fighters present upon the Starkiller Base. A battle upon their eyes is rising and Mavka hadn't seen much action in a while. All of this was happening too fast. Standing around, she observed the bridge as she walked towards General Hux, wanting to do something.

"General." She called out. He gave her a side-eye still concentrated over the battle in the skies.

"What is it?" He said annoyingly.

"Anything I can do?" Mavka asked. She waited for an answer as she looked at Hux scowling at the wintery panorama. 

"Anything? No. There's nothing I could expect—-" Hux paused for a moment before clearing his throat. "Why don't you check the rest of the base? I'll be here and perhaps I acquire eyes from where I do not stand."

Mavka was slightly confused by his phrase and meaning, so she stood there thinking about his request.

"Report back when you can." He said then continued to watch the scene. Mavka slowly backed away from their conversation and heeded his command.

So she left the bridge quickly and began to scatter herself upon the large base. The brief tremors shook the whole place as the battle from above went on. Everything was rising in action.

Mavka races further into the Starkiller Base as she headed towards the Atrium area it was the base's large open-air reservation to the outside. What exactly was Mavka supposed to do? Check if everything was in order? Examine every room? Look for the Resistance and perhaps that scavenger girl? These matters were set for the troopers, not her. But you never know if you end up confined in danger.

The constant shifting from the outside would occur once in a while but, the defenses of the First Order would manage a few X-Wings, the foundation was large.

Before you know it, turning to the next corner she was met with a group of stormtroopers. Leading them was the notorious Kylo Ren in his mask. Mavka froze at the sight of him and made sure she was out of the way. She had expected the group of them to disappear any moment but, they continued to linger nearby.

"You." A dark voice called out. Mavka shot her eyes above where she saw Kylo Ren looking directly at her.

"You are General Hux's assistant." He came closer at ease. Brooding over her like a mass of shadows.

"Yes---"

"Have you seen her?" He asked in immense engagement.

"Seen...?" Mavka answered in confusion.

"The girl. The prisoner."

Mavka blankly gazed at the unknown mass of a face. His mask, his dark clothing. It held a daunting guise, something more than General Hux himself. Hux may pride himself in authority and intimidation, but he had this cowardly aspect, but Mavka wouldn't dare question his judgment.

"No," Mavka replied.

Kylo Ren hastened her not wasting any minute longer without the intent of finding the girl he seemed to be fixated on. Mavka took one glance back where he and his fellow stormtroopers left into the corridors.