14

Darting into the galaxy's land where the TIE fighter hovered in the middle of space. Tired and weary she could only find this time to sleep and rest after undergoing the Starkiller Base's end. The somewhat airy light of the galaxy was pleasing, something serene entering her mind, a feeling she hadn't felt in years.

Even if she was alone and free to do as she pleases. She wondered. Could she just leave? No. She felt uneasy for not taking responsibility for General Hux, didn't even bother to find him after he left the bridge on the base. Did he get cold feet and just took off? It seemed like it. But Mavka didn't care for him as much, yet he was certainly the General of the First Order; the one who made her felt somewhat worthy for the first time. An opportunity like no other.

Her thoughts unraveled into ideas for her next step. Maybe there was a way to navigate to a First Order vessel, so she looked around the ship's controls but pondered. She didn't want to do anything yet. Laying her head against the seat and watched the blank galaxy sitting in front of her, the heat from her skin and bones starting to cool as her fear and adrenaline slowly perished. The essence of the craft gave in, dissolving within her thoughts as she first remembered her times as a recruit.

--------------------

You have to straighten your posture and keep an eye level, don't pout or even show emotions. They expected professionalism, dignity, and strength. The first time she arrived here, she already knew what everyone was thinking. What they know about her. Mavka wore a black uniform a traditional death trooper suit as many did beside her.

Mavka kept to herself as she should but, the others had this staggering aura about them, reaching out over to her when they shouldn't.

She was already confronted by a human woman and her companion. They gave vexing looks at her as if her existence was troubling to them. Vyna was her name but she couldn't remember the other.

They stood like statues as their Lieutenant paced side by side awaiting late soldiers.

"Already lacking the professionalism I see." The Lieutenant was an aging woman, strong and compelled for maneuver. She glared at all upended recruits; out of all of them, Mavka stood out the most. She was struggling to put on her helmet. The Lieutenant marched her way towards Mavka and confronted her with irascibility.

"DT - 1248."

Mavka immediately erected in a proper stance and faced the Lieutenant with perseverance.

"---Sir." She muttered.

"You have not earned the privilege of being seen."

"...Helmet is not fit..." Mavka said with jitteriness as her hands grasped tightly onto the helmet that was held over her head almost pushing in it with great force. Finally, she got it to fit into her skull but her Lekku was squished against the surfaces of the material.

The Lieutenant looked like they were going to speak but, after Mavka successfully fulfilled her little fitting issue, the Lieutenant walked further from her. The little scene of struggle made eyes turns towards her. A whispering chuckle occurred.

"My job is to train you. Become pilots of the First Order. With this opportunity, you must undergo my commands. Understand?"

"Sir, yes, sir!" The soldiers roared in unison. 

"We will be doing a little exercise as your first assignment. Prepare your ships." The rest of the cadets rushed to each TIE fighter posted at its station and adapted it for training. Mavka rushed to the first TIE fighter that she could lay her hands on and opened its door. The dashboard seemed simple enough but the space within it was tight only available to one pilot like her.