16

Mavka took this free time to settle in so she headed to the canteen where she could obtain food for her stomach. 

The ship and all the other bases that belonged to the First Order were all the same; providing the same dark interior that perfectly resembling the First Order's essence of purpose.

With enough sense of the place, she finally arrived at what appeared to be the mess hall. A large place with high ceilings, dim lighting, and a place that held just a couple of personnel. Mavka was eager for some food and headed closer inside. Once more she gained the attention of many people all around; glaring and gawking as if she was a freak show.

Ignoring it she continued down to the mess hall where there were machines called "Eatgo". A machine that vends of to-go food in allotments and small packages. But this wasn't exactly what she wanted, not a little snack on the go, she wanted something bigger to fulfill her stomach needs.

The mess hall was set in two levels and the GenMess contained at least a thousand seating arrangements all consisting of many stormtroopers without their helmets. That was a sight that she has hardly seen in all her time of employment. When she only worked as a technician the only source of nutrition was the familiar Eatgo packages that came in small rations whenever it was her break time.

Droid chefs staffed the canteen area, Mavka promptly jogged and took a tray that was stacked on top of each other. She waited in line as fellow troopers and officers were in front, receiving their meals.

When it was time she placed her platter on top where the droids set a metal plate of mush. Foodstuff that smelled like sorts of fruit and other things. Mavka was unimpressed that this was what the higher ranks got to eat but she wasn't sure if anyone complained. Perhaps solid food was something they avoided in their canteen. Quickly she grabbed a refreshment and was now faced with the decision of a place to sit. Many personnel scattered at every table but a perfect spot was one where the end consisted of zero bodies. Mavka quickly headed towards a table where it was satisfying enough for her.

She seated herself and began to eye her food of mush; the contents in it were entirely unknown to her. Nevertheless, Mavka was starving after all these hours that she could eat anything, just anything.

Suddenly, she felt an immediate weight set in front of her, chewing her food Mavka lifted her sights to see some aging man with a pallid and eerie sense about him. He gave a sparse smile at her. Mavka swallowed.

"Hello, to the General's assistant." He greeted. "I'm Olin Waldas. But you can just call me Waldas." His voice was sharp yet his words possessed the knowledge of pure Galactic Basic. Mavka straighten her back and faced the man with diligence.

"You know everyone knows you serve directly underneath the General but no one really knows your true name. Mavka Ein." He said. Waldas took a drink out from his cup and eyed Mavka that only sat in silence.

"They call you the blue girl, blue alien, Tailhead girl, brain tails, and so on." He was amusing himself.

Mavka rolled her eyes. "I get that." She replied in annoyance.

"Now I know you are a—- a Twi— Twe- Lek. They got two races. You- you're one of them.—"

"I am Rutian." Said Mavka.

"Ah yea, Rutian." He snickered. "I remember now. I used to kriff them all the time."

Mavka clenched her hands tightly onto her platter and abruptly stood from her seat as her appetite immediately vanished. She stepped out of the seating table while removing her tray of unfinished food.

"You are ghastly man. Unfit to be in First Order. I pity you." Mavka spat, carrying her tray as she leaves the scene with irritable thoughts.

She walked near the exit, setting aside her tray as footsteps followed her. Waldas continued to linger on her side when all she wanted was to leave the mess hall.