24

A soft universe constantly tethered to Star Wars where debris glimmers in the space of it all.

She swore she saw them running, sparks and flames scattering around the bridge, but she kept blinking. Flashes of images and sounds kept coming to her until the scene resolved itself into a clear memory. She could see the bridge in subtle wreckages.

There was hardly much of the imperial officers, no crew except for some that had already been killed. Mavka groaned in discomfort and soreness mostly due to the trauma she received in her head. She could barely keep her eyes open. The Imperial officers were arguing. Some were even panicking. What happened? It all happened so fast. Mavka quickly attained consciousness, stumbling on her two feet as she tried to determine her situation. She was laying on top of metallic and hard surfaces.

There was the sound of beeping and buzzing that went on for some time. She started to get a headache that went on and on. Rushing towards the nearest person, she questioned them in a hurry, "What has happen? Where is General Hux?"

The person she questioned was an Imperial officer. He was either very young or very old, she wasn't sure. They didn't seem to hear her at first. Mavka furrowed her eyes at them, approaching them, aggravated. "Where is the General?!" She spat the words with more force than was necessary.

The Imperial officer flinched back, stepping back and almost tripping over his own feet. He looked into Mavka's eyes, "The General? I don't-- know. He ran off as... as it all happened."

She soughed now remembering just how this whole situation was so similar during their time on the Starkiller base crisis. This time, she didn't want to leave on her own again. Mavka looked around and saw that there were a few other survivors. The officer wasn't the only one that had fled the scene. Quickly, Mavka ran away from the bridge and into the halls of the faltering fleet. She just had to find the General, so, she asked around even though most of them were fleeing like panicking birds. Mavka inquired every passing Imperial officer that she could hold but they always gave her the same answer.

They didn't know.

No one knew.

Then, she remembered, Hux said he had to contact the Supreme Leader. He definitely would be doing the same thing, running to his master like always. Mavka knew she would be able to find him if she just kept following the path of the fleeing Imperials.

The halls of the fleet were vast. They could have gone in any number of directions, but they all seemed to lead towards the same place. The same fate awaited them all. Tired yet fulfilled with her duties, Mavka finally reached the lift that was designated to reach Snoke's throne room.

The lift had opened but it was not empty... Kylo Ren appeared in her way, his face now visible. A scar complimented his intimidating face, dark hair, and a brooding statue.

Mavka hadn't felt this nervous in quite some time. . She made sure she was out of his way, stepping aside for him to leave. Before she could step inside the now empty lift.

His deep voice spoke to her, "Get your General to the ships. Make sure he's stable for the next attack."

Mavka acknowledged his word and gradually stepped to the lift. Her eyes widened throughout the encounter. It was also the first time she had seen Kylo Ren without his helmet. His hair was messy and uncombed, he was still in his black leathers and his scarred face was still visible.

Finally, the lift opened revealing a throne room to be engulfed in ruin and destruction. Her eyes fell onto the sight of General Hux who was down on his knees as if something had happened to him.