10

Mavka kept her stance brittle, like the others. There was hardly anyone like her, a blue creature with flesh appendages protruding from her skull. So out of place, so unusual. She was entering a place of great importance. Mavka was told that General Hux was currently present in the Star Destroyer Bridge. That was a place where they could mostly see everything, where it was considered as the head of the ship.

Mavka passed through a couple of guarding stormtroopers, passing Imperial officers with confusion in their sights, but Mavka kept her cool.

Before heading into the entrance of the bridge, she was halted by some guarding stormtroopers.

"This section is authorized for personnel only."

"I am... authorized. I am the General's assistant." Mavka said. Both of the stormtroopers looked at each other.

"I don't believe we've been informed by t—-" The stormtrooper stopped their words. They raised their heads above Mavka and slowly stepped back.

"General Hux, sir." They greeted. Mavka raised her brow but turned behind her to see the young General behind her. Hux glanced at Mavka.

"Is there a problem, soldiers?" Questioned Hux. He stood tall, as always, and kept his arms behind his back.

"We just have been informed that this..." One of the stormtroopers pointed the back of their blasters toward Mavka. "...says that they are your assistant?"

"Clearly, you have not been informed. She obeys under me. Let this not happen again." He sighs heavily and takes a glimpse of Mavka. "Yes, sir!" They replied.

Finally, the door in front of them opened. The stormtroopers moved aside and let them in.

The bridge, the head of the fleet. It was large and yet so dark. The light providing the room seemed ineffective. Mavka followed the General. And finally, she was in total view of everyone on the bridge. The starship crews that worked below them looked at the passing girl with blue skin. Never have they seen a sight such as this. The General ignored all the obvious stares and continued down the bridge.

He met with one of the imperial officers, a man with a piercing glimpse.

"Captain, are we ready with the Starkiller?"

"Yes, it is fully operational. It will require some time to start up."

"Get it done, Captain. I have received confirmation from Supreme Leader Snoke himself. The New Republic will need to be destroyed once and for all."

The Captain faltered for a moment. But they cleared their stress levels momentarily.

"Yes, General. The Starkiller is ready."

"Good. We shall prepare the decimation on the Starkiller Base." Said, General Hux.

Suddenly, General Hux turns to Mavka, who had been standing idly by. He had almost forgotten her unusual appearance.

"...You're still here, are you?" He said. Mavka looked down in sourness."What are you addressed by, again?" He added.

"Ein, sir..."

"Right. I will need you to acquire a transportation vessel. We will board the Starkiller base." General Hux asserted.

"Yes, sir!" Confidently said Mavka.

Mavka nodded and proceeded to heed his command. Quickly she exited the bridge area. And to her relief. No more stone-cold stares from others. It was like holding her breath the entire time. At that point, she felt pressured yet intrigued to do her duty. She didn't want to disappoint the General.

Mavka's destination point was the hangar bay, where most of the First Order's fleet resides. Obviously.

Finally, Mavka arrived at the hangar. Whereas usual, many occupants seized the place. It was running busy. Mavka was busy looking around the place as an individual approached her. An imperial officer along with some stormtroopers.

"May I help you?" He said. Yet it wasn't in a welcoming tone.

"General Hux is needing a... transport craft for the ... Starkiller Base." Yes, that's it! Mavka declared her initial intention. The imperial officer raised a brow, yet his face was still so expressionless.

"Is that so...?" He looks at Mavka. "Your uniform is nothing like I've seen."

"Yes... I am General Hux's assistant. He needs a craft. His orders." Mavka replied.

Suddenly the Imperial officer gradually walks around her. Mavka doesn't respond much to it. She knows they're testing her. Perhaps it was a suspicious request.

"General Hux assures you to be his assistant?" Questions the Imperial Officer.

Mavka sighs heavily, which the Imperial Officer notices greatly.

"Pardon me?" He says. "Your attitude is much like an irritable adolescence." The Imperial officer continues. Mavka brushes off her bitter expression and returns to a more serene state.

"If you would... sir. Provide the General a craft." Mavka addresses this once more. Then she added a sardonic smile. As the Imperial Officer was about to say something. Close footsteps approached them.

General Hux himself arrives at the hangar. The Imperial Officer stops his words and slowly gazes at General Hux.

"Ein, have you acquired a vessel?" Says Hux to Mavka. She slowly turns his way.

"I am. Yet, he does not wish to—-"

"General Hux, sir. This... girl." The Imperial Officer gives a stinging stare at Mavka. "Is she your assistant...?" He appended.

General Hux sighs.

"Indeed she is. You are to comply with my assistant as she is under my orders."

"Her behavior is utterly disgraceful. I do not find that she fits in your command." General Hux then begins to sigh heavily in impatience.

"I will deal with the matter. You are to prepare a ship. The Starkiller base is where I need to be."

"Yes. General." The Imperial Officer orders the stormtroopers to prepare a vessel.

Finally, their presence is rid of. General Hux's expression appears to be vexed. Then he takes a piercing look at Mavka.

"You could not complete this one task, could you?" Hux said in an annoyed tone. Mavka sents him a dull look. 

"You are beyond incompetent." He adds. Then he leaves to a prepared vessel in front of them. If only she could speak of the reasons. But she doubted that he would even care. As her duty, she followed the General into the vessel.

Now her body felt stimulated with piercing sparks. The type of feeling in your flesh that paralyzes you into a thick fever chill. 

They wait in a dark vessel which it shall transport them onto the famous Starkiller base. The home of the First Order.