12

Mavka hadn't been on a planet for a while. A snowy and chilly place, land owned by the First Order. Lately, Mavka had presented General Hux with petty tasks. His concentration was greatly intertwined with the decimation of the resistance.

Word has been spread that the great Kylo Ren had brought a prisoner; a girl. Not much information of this certain situation was clear to Mavka but she kept track of these things. Eliminating millions of beings in the Hosnian Prime was Hux's main focus to which led to his pride increasing greatly, but Hux's next objective was quite secretive to Mavka. Nowadays he treats her like a petty servant, fetching for his errands, running around the base, and standing around waiting for the next task.

Mavka was exhausted as her schedule was arbitrary and unexpected, leading to Mavka's non-existing free of will. General Hux had his own duties that didn't acquire Mavka's presence. He would often visit the assembly where he would consult with the feared Supreme Leader Snoke. It wasn't any of Mavka's business to dwell in his meetings with Snoke and it was for the better. It always seemed like everyone had someone to serve and please, someone higher than them.

Hux abruptly came in the bridge as he met with every technologist and officer in the commanding deck, ordering everyone on the task of charging the weapon.

"Begin charging the weapon." General Hux commands. The officer replies and heeds to his word.

Meanwhile, at the bridge on the Starkiller Base, General Hux observed the deck, constantly checking his fellow bridge commanders as Mavka stood by the entryway keeping her distance until otherwise. She grew weary of standing around, waiting for another command, but this was a normal thing in the First Order. General Hux invariably seemed sentient for most of the time, come to think of it, he hardly sleeps. He never decides to rest when he wants to, yet he is so determined with wide eyes within every hour. Keeping up with him was demanding.

To them, her drained eyes were starting to sprawl out in the open but her tenacity remained.

As her mind fell soft and airy, filled with less energy by every minute, Mavka could feel the emptiness in the air collapse. It's getting worse, she could feel like she was going to pass out on the floor. So she watched the cold landscape through the windows and could see the base pulling the force of the sun's energy to the land. It was extraordinary. The process of replenishing the weapon seemed to be taking a while and so General Hux waited until it was active.

After such large destruction of a mass system in space, it was only a matter of time until the resistance could respond. The First Order began their expanse glory to the whole galaxy.

The wide doors beside her constantly opened and Mavka could sense a sort of intense pacing around the area or perhaps throughout the whole vessel. If being here resulted in no use for her she might as well be someplace else until she is needed. Mavka exited the bridge unnoticed until she saw tons of stormtroopers jogging their way around the ship. Usually, the pace around the First Order base was mild and standard but there was a rush for something. Mavka walked quickly to each corner in hopes of seeing something stand out.

She thought to herself; all she ever did was wander around when she was utterly bored or useless at the time. The base was huge and she could hardly familiarize herself with the environment. Standing around in the bridge doing nothing but wait for the master's word wasn't something compelling for her anymore, at least at this moment.

Onto the lower areas of the base where it was known to be less vacant, Mavka wondered through the somewhat quiet area where she could hear distant chatter of the trooper's comlink. She moved herself to the wall where she wanted to be less out in the open. When she turned to the corner she abruptly shoved herself against some surface plastoid which revealed to be a stormtrooper's armor. God, they were everywhere. Like infesting insects in a queen's hive.

"Hey watch yourself!" One of them said. Mavka ignored them and was about to walk away until they said another word.

"Hold on." They stopped her as Mavka groaned quietly by their commands. She faced them and was already expecting the exact words and behavior she had always been faced with from day one.

"Have you seen a girl? A scavenger. She's a prisoner that has escaped." They asked. Mavka was quite jarred by the non-direct comment to her. A simple question that she was confronted with.

Mavka thought about it for a moment.

She shook her head. "No." Both of the guards look at each other than left.

"On your way then."

That small conversation tore her confidence and state of mind and quickly ran from the area. For once she wanted to be away from people and other self-righteous beings.

Mavka contemplated for a moment to think and let off some steam. Then she spoke to herself in her own language. Dangling her arms and legs to give some sort of jolting effect on her lack of energy. At least something to tear that drowsiness away. She groaned heavily, roared, and pouted; she pressed her fingers deep into her eye sockets so that the weary pain would wash away. She stops.

Then she hears a blast from behind her. Some sort of blaster firing against a door from some room. Mavka stopped to hear where it was coming from and carefully sought its source. Against one of the metal doors, she quietly lays her head and listens. A huge thud occurred so close to her that she instantly knew it was a bad idea. Now her thoughts were focused on who was inside the room. Mavka quickly knocked on the door and a firm voice called out followed by a thump.

"---This is Captain Phasma. I have been thrown in here by resistance scum." Mavka paused for a moment before figuring out how to open the door. With one of her available keys, she managed to open the door; a large figure appeared in the doorway. The chromium armored stormtrooper. They looked down at her as Mavka shifted aside to make way. It would appear that Captain Phasma was trapped in the trash compactor. 

Phasma looked around their surroundings before turning to Mavka.

"Ein, is it?" She said. Mavka looked up at them in response and nodded. 

"Yes."

"Inform General Hux that the Resistance is here. They are here somewhere in the base." Phasma says before leaving.

Turning to every dark corridor where the light remained dimmed, providing the atmosphere of the base with iniquity. Mavka was moving fast until she was faced with another exterior of someone.

Mavka looked to see who was blocking her way; only to see the despicable sight of Lieutenant Berik. Mavka backed away in disgust and decided to walk past him only to feel the grasp of his hand tightening around her arm.

He faced her towards him.

"A pleasure to see you again, Assistant Ein."

Mavka pursed her lips in fury and swatted his grip roughly away from her.

"I'm sure you're busy tending to the General's words... Or perhaps too bored being under his command." He smirked.

Mavka pouted back at him in displeasure.

"No time here with you. Ever!" Mavka exclaimed then left without struggle.

 Mavka quickly-paced herself out of the area until got up to the first level where the light appeared brighter. She finally reached the door of the bridge and soon caught up with her breath

Her sudden appearance alerted everyone in the bridge causing them to look at her weary posture and state. General Hux noticed this and walked towards her at a faster velocity.

"Where have you been?" He said closely peering at her in slight vexation. Mavka stumbled for a bit and gathered her voice.

"---Phasma has told... me. That Resistance is here. On base."

"What?" He replied. A confused brow rose. But just in time, the sound of soaring wept the skies of the Starkiller base. Hux rushed to the windows and soon saw the Resistance and their X-Wing ships towered the sky, raining down blasts upon the post.