𝐂𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

(Third Person Perspective)

Months have passed since the aptitude gear test. (Y/N) has received a letter from Levi a few days ago. He said that everyone in the scoats misses someone running around the HQ. He also said that Erwin will make time for them to visit her. She kept that letter on her cabinet and away from other cadets. Today, they start a new training.

Their horses galloped on the rocky and sandy ground as the hot rays of the sun shines down on them. The 104th Training Corps were split into two groups, The first group consists of Marco—being the group leader, Armin—the one incharge of record-keeping, Y/N, Mina, Eren, Connie, Sasha, Jean, Christa. The other group on the other hand was led by Thomas, Mikasa the record-keeper, Bertholdt, Reiner, Annie, and more.

They were to make a round trip to their target location and record their progress within a given time period—The journey to the destination goes on for about 40 kilometers (40,000 meters). Both of the teams are set out at the same time and proceeded towards the huge forest.

They were to trade information at the target location and return to the starting point, completing a loop—The main objective of the training was to evaluate everyone's ability to sustain themselves in the absence of a crisis.

~•~

"So, we're not allowed to rush?" Marco asked. "R-right." Armin replied. "We'd also be stupid if we did. We can take our time!" Jean exclaimed. "You don't know your lower limit. Jean, if you're going to take it slow, then I'm going ahead." Eren makes his horse trot. "Wait, Eren.." Armin looked at him. "But—the formation of the group.." Marco puts his left hand up making a stop sign. "What do we do Jean?" Marco looks at the back.

"Like I care! Extra effort here won't get me into the Military Police." Jean abruptly said. "That's not true.." Marco said. "Can you stop acting like a selfish child, Horse face." (Y/N) said with a hint of anger. "So the quiet girl talks huh." Jean  mocks her. "Don't worry, you won't be able to hear me talk again once I rip those ears off your head." (Y/N) glared. "Hey guys, Let's not get violent. Let's just focus on the training alright?" Marco broke the fight.

"It's useless." Jean answered. "Hey, hurry up." Marco said. "Don't you have any endurance for this?" Eren looks back at Jean. "It doesn't matter if I'm complaining." He said back. "It would be great if time passed faster in that case." Connie said with a tired face. "You got that right.. We have a long road ahead us." Sasha agreed. "This is so tiresome" Jean whispered. "Then quit." (Y/N) said. "Ha?! What did you say-" "Shut up Jean." Eren said.

~•~

As they continue to travel on their horses, Jean spots a lizard on a higher platform of rocks. "That lizard is joining us on the same route, huh.." Jean watches it crawl. "It's rare to see that." Marco diverts his attention to it. "They're really delicious. They really are, My family and I used to eat them. They taste like chicken." Sasha smiles at it. "You can cook?" Jean looks at her. "Of course I can! It's a piece of cake!" Sasha answered. "All right, then!" He smirks and kicks the side of his horse and stuns it. "H-hey!" Marco exclaimed.

"If hunting for food is part of the exercise, then what's better than getting that lizard?!" He looks behind at them. "Don't do that!" Christa yelled. "I'm going ahead." Eren also speeds up his horse making it neigh. "We're really going to do this.." (Y/N) said.

Jean chases after it and draws his blades. "Gotcha!" He tried to stab the lizard but another blade was stopping him causing the lizard escape. He looks up and sees it was Eren. "What are you doing?!" Jean yelled. "This isn't a game!" Eren yelled back. "We don't even have an instructor! This training won't get us anywhere!" He fought. "Stop it! You're guys are acting like brats!" Marco gets off his horse. "I don't want to hear that from you!" Jean said.