𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

(3rd Person POV)

"Hey! I swear I didn't take your bread!" Sasha said, defending herself. "Then who did?!" Connie asked. "Guys... Why are you all fighting over a bread?.." (Y/N) sat down next to Sasha. "Their accusing me for eating Connie's bread!" She pointed at the others. "Who else then? Your the one who's always hungry." Jean said. "This is pointless..." Mikasa said. "Fine, I took it. Now can you all stop fighting? For fuck's sake, you're all acting like little children." (Y/N) said.

"Thank you, (Y/N)!" Sasha said and grabbed (Y/N)'s right hand. "Hey, um.. What's that symbol on your right hand? I've always wanted to ask that." Armin said. "Woah! I just noticed that just now! Is it like a tattoo?" Connie asked. "It is." She answered. The bell rang, thus it was time for training. Cadets cleaned up their food and proceeded to go to train, hand-to-hand combat to be exact.

Instructor Keith paired cadets that wasn't close or hasn't communicated with each other. (Y/N) got paired with a complete stranger— to her, vise versa. "What's that tattoo on your hand?" The stranger grabbed her hand. (Y/N) removed their hand from hers and said, "A friend tattoed it." She answered.

"Ah! I see... Well, you can have the knife first." They handed the knife to her. "Alright.." She said. "Before I beat your ass, my name is Vrag Basov." Vrag introduced theirself. "(Y/N). Confident, are we?" She said. "I may be small, but I can slice someone with that knife." They boasted.

~•~

"I give up." (Y/N) said. "Someone's not good with knives." Vrag smirked. "I can teach you my ways if you want." They said and then helped her get up. "Thanks, but for another time." She said. "Suit yourself." They responded. (Y/N) walked towards the tree to rest underneath the shade, Vrag followed. "Since we're taking a break, where are you from?" Vrag sat down next to her. "Trost district, you?" She said. "Stohess District. And before you say what's a high class person doing here, I ran away from home." They said.

"I see.. May I ask why?"(Y/N) questioned. "Umm... My family, they are pretty toxic so I decided to ran away." They answered. "Reasonable." She said. "Why did you join the Cadet training? You seem to be the type to marry a man- or woman, what ever your preference is." They said. "My father is already part of the Survey Corps. I want to be by his side." She answered. "Good thing you have a good relationship with your father." Vrag smiled.

Minutes past and Vrag stood up. "Let's go back to training, before anyone reports us that we're slacking off." They said and stretched. They both got back to position and circled one another, looking at each other's focused and serious face.

Vrag made the first move and ran full speed at (Y/N). They fold their right hand into a fist and tried to punch (Y/N) on the neck, luckily she blocks it with her left hand. Another punch was thrown and she blocked it again.

(Y/N) took the opportunity to lock both of her hands around Vrag's neck and knee them to the stomach. "Shit!" Vrag groaned. They put their hands on their stomach, a way of them reacting to the pain. While they were doing that, (Y/N) dropped to the ground and did a sweeping kick, causing for Vrag to lose balance and fall. She was about to punch them on the face, "Wait! I... I give up." They panted. "Where did your confidence go?" She asked. "Oh, shut up." They laughed.

The night came and dinner was done one hour ago. (Y/N) and some sat down around the campfire, telling each other "scary" stories."Hey (Y/N)! Have you see Christa anywhere?" Ymir approached her. "I'm sorry but I haven't." She answered. "What's the matter?" She asked.

"Ah, it's nothing." Ymir said then walked away from the campfire. "Then... A big, tall, and scary titan appeared no where!" Thomas said. A tall black figure then appeared behind him. "T-Thomas! It's behind you!" Connie stutters. "Ye-Yeah!" Sasha agreed.