Little Things You Do That They Really Appreciate

Roger Bartlett

Whenever he's stressed, you'll just randomly start massaging his shoulders and ask what he wants to do in his time off to distract him. 

Neither of you really know why you do it but he really likes it when you do. Sometimes he just leans back against you and falls asleep for a while. Always with a smile.

Virgil Hilts

At first, he didn't know why but there would be times where you guys' kids would just randomly hug him and tell him they love him. He asked you about it one time and he could not appreciate the answer more.

Turns out that whenever you thought he looked sad or frustrated or lonely, you would quietly tell your kids to give him some love.

They still do it, but now they don't need to be told to see it :)

Eric Ashley-Pitt

You normally wake up before him, so you wake him up by whispering in his ear and gently running your hand through his hear. Sometimes you'll give him neck kisses to tell if he's pretending to be asleep because it makes him smile loads.

He finds it really satisfying to wake up to you in his arms. It makes him feel like he's been dreaming the whole time. That thought kind of freaks him out a little though since he's afraid that he'll wake up and none of it would be real.

He really loves everything you do for him and he appreciates you every time he thinks of you.

Robert Hendley

Sometimes he'll fall asleep on the sofa while doing something so instead of going to bed without him, you lay on him. When he wakes up it's always a welcome surprise :)

He will just lay there, with you on top of him, cradling your body against his own.

Willie

He never fails to tell you how much he loves your hot chocolate. You do something that makes it super delicious and it's one thing he-and the kids- look forward to in winter.  

If he could, he'd drink it every day but you only do it as a Christmas thing.

(basically, you use milk and cream along with a little bit of cinnamon and orange zest. It's simple but he loves it!)

Danny

If your kids are still awake after bedtime, then you'll sing to them. He hasn't told you but he stands outside of the door, just listening to your beautiful voice.  He really likes the fact that you care so much about them all even though they aren't your biological kids- He knows you love them like they were.

Mac

Whenever you think he's overthinking or worrying over nothing, you'll just distract him by assuring him that it was fine and smothering him with kisses.

Obviously, he loves it ;)