The moment you knew you wanted to marry them

Roger Bartlett

You found out from Mac that Roger secretly does tolerate you. He accidentally let it slip that Roger knew your favourite flower among other things.

"Also, regarding the whole escape outfits fiasco. Roger said that Griff is starting your (f/c) dress "

"Oh. That's my favourite colour, great!" you smiled.

"He knows," he stated before backtracking, "I mean errr"

"How did he know? I thought he could hardly look in my direction"

"I mean- he's always taken notice of certain things," Sandy tried fruitlessly to understate it.

"Oh really? What else does he secretly know about me?" you grinned

"Oh come on, love. I can't tell you that-" He started.

"Well, why not?"

"... fine"

Virgil Hilts

You overheard him talking with Roger about going out to take surveys for the tunnel.

"I wouldn't do that for my own mother," he laughed

"Alright, then how about for (y/n)?" Roger asked

Virgil rolled his eyes but there was a small, almost unnoticeable smile, "Now don't you try and guilt me. I may like her, love her even, but the only reason I'd come back is to take her with me "

Eric Ashley-Pitt

He had left his notebook lying around the hut and you couldn't help but read the open page.

You had no idea he could so eloquently create poetry and so effortlessly too. There was something beautiful in the words.

"It's about you," you heard roger say from beside, "But I'm fairly sure you could guess that much"

You giggled, "It's beautiful. Does he really think that about me?"

"Absolutely. Whenever you're out of the room, he cant stop talking about you"

Robert Hendley

You were caught by a guard with contriband on you and were about to be sent to the cooler. He managed to convince a guard that it was his and ended up going to the cooler instead.

~~~~

"You cannot have this in the compound," the German said.

"Oh, hey, (y/n)! What's going on?"

"She must go to the cooler. She is in possession of contriband," he held up the pocket knife.

"Oh no no! Y'see, that's mine. i asked her to hold onto it for me while I washed my hands"

You let out a quiet, disbelieving breath.

"But, Bob!-"

You couldn't finished as they began to walk away. He turned around to face you and gave you a cheeky wink

'He really did that for me?'  you asked yourself

Willie

He would always remember those little things you tell him. One night, when you were talking with the boys, he made a passing reference to your love of the smell of a certain flower.

~~~

"You know what, (y/n)? Just to prove my point, when we get out of here, I'll plant a whole garden of Angel's Trumpet. And when I do, I hope to see you weep," The boy grinned.

"Wait, you remembered that?" You asked him, cheeks flushing slightly.

"Of course I do. You saw them at the botanical gardens with your mother and loved the smell ever since. You said they were big tall plants with little orange flowers," His smile grew less joking and more genuine.

Your cheeks finally flared up and you felt a loss of words, "Y-yeah, that's right, Will. I didn't think you'd remember that"

"I remember a lot of the things you tell me, for your information"

You could feel your knees shudder as you fought the urge to smile

Danny

He stood up for you when someone asked why a woman was allowed to dig the tunnel when they are too fragile.

~~~~

"But surely, she'd be more useful outside, gardening with group captain Ramsey? Atleast there she might be able to make some difference"

"No," Danny glared, looking back from the tunnel, "She's fine here. She works well and she can do just as much, if not more, than you."

Mac

He asked you to dance during the 4th of July. Even in front of everyone, she finally gathered enough courage to tell you how he really felt.

~~~~

"Get your dancing shoes on, angel, it's time for celebration"

"Really? I'd love to!" You grinned, grabbing his hand.