He wants another baby

There will be the next part to this-his reaction to you wanting another baby

Roger

He hadn't brought anything up to you yet but you could tell something was on his mind. His touch would linger on you and there was a familiar gentleness to his words reminiscent of his manners during your pregnancies. Then there was his seeming hesitance during a certain aspect of making love.

With your oldest child being 16, with your youngest now being 8, he felt like he missed all those nights of holding a tiny human in his arms.

He was holding you at this very moment, head buried deep into the crook of your neck with his strong arms clasped around your waist.

He wanted to talk to you about it but he wasn't good at finding the words and his throat seemed to seize up. How would you react if he told you? Would you embrace him and sink into the deep throes of passionate love? Or would you deny him his last breath of infant fatherhood? It was, after all, still partly your decision to make.

You shifted in his arms, twisting to face him in his agonising thought.  

"Roger, darling... If you don't talk to me about what's wrong, I might have to smother you with the pillow," you teased.

He let out a halfhearted but throaty chuckle, arms flexing around you. 

"I don't exactly know how to put it-" he started but cut himself off.

You sighed lightly, wracking your mind for an answer. Only one came to mind. You were a smart woman, and Roger knew that.

"Something's different, Roger," you started, kissing gingerly up his shoulder, " you want something, sweetheart. Tell me. Perhaps I have something that can help. You can have as much as you want~"

He took a shallow breath, focusing on your lips on his body. Surely it would be best to just be out with it, to not beat around the bush. 

"I think I... erm... I want," He tried to start but again his throat began to seize up.

"Roger, do you want another baby? Is that what is making you so worried?"

He could only nod his head. A tingling feeling of embarrassment flowed through him. Had he really been so worked up over something like that?

In regards to his earlier plight, it had seemed as though the former was true, now finding himself slipping between your open legs as your arms cradled him.

Virgil

It was a strenuous feeling in the pit of his stomach. A paradox. He was always so scared of being a bad parent but now, as he found himself smiling up at the toddler on his shoulders, that feeling was all gone.

Across from him, his older daughter and wife ran through the long grass, giggling like schoolgirls. 

The thought of another baby was initiated by queenie, asking "Daddy, for Christmas, I want a little brother". He did laugh it off, to begin with, but as time passed, he found himself returning to that idea. He knew he should feel content with your two children and he was. But he did wonder, what if there were to be another?

Each night, just after you had called asleep, he'd lay awake for a few more minutes, just to distinguish whether his desire was out of parental want or just plain curiosity. It had indeed been the former, he clarified for the night.

He wasn't scared of you being annoyed with the idea but more of you thinking he was joking. 

All four of you were sitting on a bench in the park when he had the urge to tell you.