Chapter 5

Leopold Wellington

"Oh my, I think he'll grow up as a wonderful prince."

"My daughter is at the same age with the crowned prince, I think they'll be a great playmate together."

"He looks a lot like the emperor.."

Ever since a child, they always looked at me with scheming eyes.

Nobles are disgusting.

The way they talk, look and act makes me feel nauseous.

Ever since then, I always calculated their movements and acted like their perfect crowned prince in order to find out their pure intentions.

..

"The banquet will be held tomorrow. You need to at least dance with a lady for once." Father ordered.

'He already knew that I hate interacting with nobles yet he wants me to dance with one of them?'

"Yes, Your Majesty." I obeyed.

"Go and straighten yourself."

I bowed and walked away.

Day of the banquet....

I couldn't breathe properly ever since the banquet started. So I went out and took a brief walk.

I heard suspicious mumbles from a certain area and called a few knights with me. There were people wearing a hooded cape and I saw them carrying few weapons.

"Knights! Retreat at once!" One of them shouted.

"Chase them and take care of it. Make sure to kill all of them." I ordered.

"Yes, Your Higness!" They replied in unison and started chasing them.

After the discovery, I started walking towards the garden and saw a person.

It was a woman. She had a black hair and blue eyes.

When suddenly, she looked at me with a surprised reaction and started running towards me.

"Your highness! What brings you here?" She touched my hand and showed off a scheming smile.

My head started spinning and I threw off her hand.

"Let go. You're in no position to touch me. Don't let me see your face ever again." I stated.

I walked away from her and went to see how the knights are doing. They were close by so I checked them quickly.

After that, I went inside the palace where the banquet was held. The music had just started and I recalled my father's words.

There were many women who looked at me with hopeful and embarrassed appearance.

When, I saw a woman in a corner who was eyed by the men surrounding her.

She wore an uninterested face as if she had no care in the world. She didn't produce a scheming aura like the women I passed by earlier.

'Interesting.'

I walked towards her and offered a dance. She replied as if she was surprised.

"Ah, it's a pleasure your highness." Her voice sounded like a melody.

She took my hand with a hint of hesitance in which I have never encountered like before. I accepted her hand and it was small.

I wasn't disgusted by her touch and started escorting her.

We started to dance yet this woman right in front of me was thinking of other things. I looked at her face and just realized that she looked ethereal.

Her eyes looked like an amethyst and it held no intentions. Her hair shone like pale sunlight and her appearance was like that of a goddess.

The music stopped and I felt a bit of disappointment.

"It was my pleasure to dance with you Your Highness." She softly spoke.

"The pleasure is mine Miss Moriana." I said.

I just realized who she was and took her hand and landed a kiss.

'It doesn't feel bad.' I smiled secretly.

"I'll get going first Your Highness." Her etiquette was flawless.

I was left behind like a fool. She's the first ever woman who did this to me. Yet her touch still lingered in my hands.

'Moriana Allisson.'

I can't help but smile whenever I think of her.