Chapter 6

Moriana Allisson

I took a whole tray of desserts and started eating them in a certain table. I took a bite of the apple pie and it was so delicious.

After the apple pie, the lemon tart came next then the cake, macarons, truffles and etc. This place is like a dessert heaven.

I think banquets like this are not bad at all.

After eating, I felt drowsy all of a sudden so I started looking for my parents. I wandered again and at last, I found them.

"Mom, Dad." I approached them.

They were still busy chatting with other nobles but I approached them anyways.

"Oh, Anna. Did you have fun with your dance?" Mom said.

"What?"

"We saw it. You were dancing with the crowned prince earlier." Dad suddenly added.

"Ah.. haha, it was nothing." I replied in a thin voice.

There was a bit of silence after I said that. When suddenly, a person approached my father.

"Marquis, the emperor called for you." The person stated.

"I see. I have some business to attend to. I'll leave first."

"Oh, it's alright. We'll wait for you until you finish." Mom replied.

Dad then left together with the person who approached him and went to the emperor to discuss some things.

"Mom, can we go home now?" I asked like a child. I wasn't joking when I said that. I was indeed sleepy and wanted to go home since I had nothing left to do here.

"What are you talking about Anna? The banquet hasn't ended yet and the night is young. You also need to interact with other debutante and make friends. Go on, we'll look for you when it's time to go home." She shooed me away.

I can't complain against my mom, so I just walked away from her.

In the novel, Moriana didn't have friends. I think I can now relate the reason why she's so obsessed with the heroine.

She was just lonely. And that loneliness killed her.

The crowd is making me dizzy. The mixture of the laughter, perfumes and voices of the people made me more sleepier than ever.

I think banquets have rooms provided for people to rest.

I saw a door and walked towards it. I opened it when suddenly I bumped into someone.

"Euk-"

After colliding, I looked at the person whom I bumped into.

'What the hell!?' I internally screamed.

"Oh, I apologize Lady." He smiled at me.

'First, the male lead appeared at the banquet wihout injuries, and now, the second lead!?'

As far as I can remember, the second lead didn't attend the banquet since he had a business in the East as per ordered by the emperor.

He appeared by the time when the heroine defended Moriana against those who bullied her and got attracted by the heroine's kindness and boldness. Thus, the pursuing begins.

I guess all male leads fell in love with the heroine at first sight...

He is also known as the devil duke. Devil duke because he is a skilled swordsmaster and led the empire's troops as a vice commander in engaging many battles against other countries.

Well of course, the male lead is the commander.

I can't believe that a silver-haired and blue-eyed person is standing right in front of me.

'Richard Sormeset.' A high-ranking duke and one of the empire's four pillars.

"Hawhh" I didn't take it anymore and yawned right in front of him. Of course, I covered my mouth.

'Shoot..'

He stared at me while carrying a shocked expression.

'I forgot that he hates people who yawns especially in his presence.'

"I apologize for bumping into the Duke. I'll take my leave first." Good thing I brought my etiquette with me or else I'm finished.

"Wait." He said, stopping my steps.

'Please no,'

"Is the Lady looking for a place to rest? Follow me." He said.

'What the actual fudge!?

Is the story broken or I'm the one whose mind is broke.

He!? He talked to me!? A lady whom he doesn't even know yet!?'

When it comes to conversation, women usually took the opportunity to talk with the duke first.

And in the novel, his replies were very short unless it was for the heroine. Of course if he's in the situation to apologize, he will.

I didn't have a choice so I just followed him.

We walked until we arrived at a certain door.

"This is the ladies' lounge. No one is here yet so you can take a rest here comfortably." He spoke.

"Oh, thank you Duke." I thanked.

"Richard." He said.

"Pardon?"

"You can call me Richard. And the Lady's name is?"

'Oh my goodness...'

"I forgot to introduce myself. I am Moriana, daughter of Marquis Allisson." I curtsied.

"Pleasure to meet you Anna." He took my hand and kissed it.

'Wait, that's the place where the crowned prince kissed earlier. That's not the case! Why did he suddenly call me by my nickname!?'

I hope I can wake up from this dream right now... I'm very tired.