Chapter 24

"Um, is there anything you want to say Duke?" I asked.

"It's Richard." He smiled.

'He's like the crown prince.'

"Ri- Richard."

"....It was nothing. I just wanted to check your well-being. Am I not allowed to?" He said.

"It's fine." I replied.

It's been a long time since I saw the duke. I only saw him in the tea party last time.

I stared at him with a confused look for a while.

"I've been sent to the east to resolve some matters. There were many sorcerer-bandits that possessed dark magic. And I was assigned by the emperor to take care of it." He explained.

"Oh, I see."

'Seems like I didn't need to ask.'

"Told be truth, I came here to apologize." He added.

"Pardon?"

"I figured that you probably misunderstood me last time at the tea party. I actually agree with your principles."

'I only did what I thought seemed right.'

"Ah, to think you actually remembered that. I'm flattered." I embarrassedly replied.

"You're a unique woman." He smiled at me.

'Wow. That's one killer smile.'

"I should probably get going first. Please recover well. I'll see you soon Anna." He took my hand and kissed it.

"Uhm, take care as well." I replied.

He went out and closed the door.

"Hahh." I sighed as I lied on the bed.

'What do I do now?'

I wonder who's the person who wants to kill me.

Last time when I was kidnapped, it was totally a woman's voice. A voice that seemed completely familiar.

I think I've met her.

There are many ladies in this empire but I just can't figure out who she is.

One who wants what I have. One who doesn't possess what I have. And one who hates my existence.

Who the heck is she?

*Creak*

"Anna?"

I turned my sight to the door and saw the prince entering.

"Yes, your- Leo?"

He walked towards my bed and sat in the chair.

"I passed by Duke Sormeset outside. Did you talk to him.?" He said.

".....Yes."

"Hmm." He hummed.

"Anna." He suddenly shifted into a serious tone.

"Hm?"

"Have we met before?" Like, way before childhood." He asked.

'...Did Moriana meet a child before?....Wait, then that dream last time was a real memory? Is the crown prince perhaps the boy in that memory?'

"....I don't know. But I had a dream- no, I remembered some fragments in my memory where I met a boy and I comforted him about something."

"I even recall that I adviced him to act like a perfect noble to find out people's intention." I laughed while talking.