Chapter 12

"What brings you here Your highness?" I asked and took a sip of the tea that was prepared by Kelly.

I glanced at him and damn, he looks handsome.

Totally the male lead.

(Earlier....)

"Don't move yet Young miss! Your makeup will be ruined if you keep moving like that."

"Don't worry, I made your makeup light. Light enough to lure the crown prince of your refreshing face! Kyaa~! Hehehe...."

"Oh my gosh, I totally did a great job young miss. I deserve a vacation for this."

I looked at the mirror and I was blinded by Kelly's effort.

'Crap, she's good at this.' 

(Present....)

I didn't know that Kelly was a big fanatic of everything regarding romance.

"Lady Moriana."

"Yes, Your highness?"

"Are you-

"My Lady!" A person who's smiling brightly said.

'Justin!?'

I forgot his existence for a moment. He was actually here training as a knight.

'How could I forget? So stupid.'

Justin walked towards me and was followed by Sir Rey.

"We greet His Royal Highness." Rey bowed and Justin mimicked his actions.

"It's alright." The crown prince stated.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"I was going to talk about something regarding Justin but it seems like I've interrupted your time. We'll be back once you finish your business. Excuse us Your highness, My Lady." Rey bowed and took Justin by his collar.

"Wait-!" Justin retorted.

I just waved my hand and smiled at him.

"....."

"Now that I've confirmed that you're alright, I'll get going first Lady Moriana." He stood up.

"Oh. May Nirvana's blessing be upon thee." I curtsied.

He smiled and left.

He finally left.

Finally!!

I went outside to confirm if the crown prince's carriage was gone.

'Gone!'

Yes, this is what you call freedom.

"My Lady."

"Eeek!"

I glanced to where the voice came from.

"Its you Rey." I sighed in relief.

"I apologize if I startled you but I have something to tell you."

"Oh, yes. What is it?"

"It's about Justin."

"What about him?"

I went inside the mansion and walked towards my room directly.

I lied on my bed and recalled Sir Rey's words earlier.

"Few days ago, I taught him the basics of swordsmanship. After only few hours of practicing, he already perfected everything about it."

"From what I've observed, it seems like he was already pre-trained as a knight. His body is already fit and he exceeded the standard as an escort. We were sparring earlier and I lost."

"He would be the best option as a knight if I were to suggest."

'Pre-trained? I even asked him if he knew how to hold a sword and he answerd no, and now he's pre-trained?'

Right, the novel stated that he was an excellent knight.

'Don't tell me he has a photographic memory.. having a good memory aside, isn't he just a prodigy if that's the case?'

Hahh. Whatever. Thinking makes me tired.

The door opened and Kelly walked in.

"Young miss, Master called you to his study."

"Okay. Just a moment."

"By the way Young miss."

"Hm?"

"Did the crown prince looked like he has sparkles in his eyes earlier? Or maybe his face was a bit redder than usual?"

"What?"

"As expected of Young miss. You really attract every insect of the world. I still wish you happily ever with the prince though." She said.

"Kelly!"

"I'll get going now young miss. I still have a lot of work to do." She went out.

Kelly... she's getting cheekier as the days go by.

'Is this the effect of the story that's straying from its original course?

Out of character... Everyone is experiencing them. Is it because I came here?'

Enough. I've had enough of this.

I walked out of my room and went to father's room.

"Dad?"

"Ah, you're here."

"You have something to say?" I asked.

"Yes. Sir Rey just talked to me earlier and suggested that Justin should be your newly appointed knight. I heard that he's excellent at swords that's why I thought of replacing Justin as your escort." Father said.

"Oh. I'll accept whatever you see fit Dad."

"Okay then. That's all."

"I'll get going first."

When I went outside of Father's study, I walked outside the mansion for a moment and wandered wherever my feet took me.

"My Lady!" A voice shouted.

"Justin?"

"I heard from Sir Rey that I became your newly appointed knight. I'm happy to serve you My Lady."

He then knelt down and took my hand.

"I pledge pure diligence and loyalty to the lady. Betrayal is not an option. Safety and protection I will provide, and never danger."

He then sealed his pledge with a kiss.

"That was the knight's oath to his master. With this, I just became your official knight and escort." He smiled brightly.

How adorable.

Ahahahaha...

Things are happening too fast.