Chapter 9

"How can I help you?"

The person in charge of the front gate asked me.

We arrived at the Cornwall's estate just recently. I only brought Kelly with me since they said that a knight or an escort isn't allowed.

"Here you go." Kelly handed a folded paper.

"Lady Moriana Allisson!? I apologize for not recognizing the Lady!" He apologized and bowed.

"It's fine." I said.

"Please go inside." He gestured.

The gate opened and the carriage went inside. The ride went smoothly. The road over here is paved and the area looks very luxurious.

They are no ordinary people.

We got off from the carriage and started walking towards the main door.

My heartbeat went really fast just thinking about what I will experience once I go inside this mansion.

The servants opened the door and we were greeted by a beautiful lady.

'Huh? What is this? I thought I'd be drenched in water right after I came in.'

"Greetings, Lady Moriana." She smiled.

It was her.

The Villainess. Patricia Cornwall.

Reddish blonde hair and auburn eyes.

'Ahh... the appearance of a perfect villainess.'

"Greetings to you too Lady Patricia. May Nirvana's blessing be upon you." I curtsied.

"Nice to meet you. Please follow me." She spoke in a soft tone.

"Ah, yes."

I followed her until we arrived at the terrace.

The table was already set, placed with tea and refreshments.

"Please take a seat." She said.

'What's with her tone? Isn't she supposed to be arrogant or wicked? Her voice is too nice! How angelic...

Is she even a villainess?'

"Uhmm, how are you Lady Patricia?" I took the initiative to talk first.

"I'm fine. You look even more beautiful up close." She said with sparkles in her eyes.

"Pardon?"

"Please talk to me informally. You can just call me Shasha." She said.

"Eh? Then, you can just call me Anna." I said

"Really? Okay Anna." She smiled dazzingly.

'What an angel. I'm starting to wonder if the novel got her character wrong.'

"May I ask why you invited me?" I asked.

"Oh, remember the banquet?" She replied.

'Wait, which part of the banquet? Did something happen aside from the broken characters?'

I just nodded.

"That time when you showed courtesy to the emperor, I still remember it all. The way you acted and talk, they were all perfect."

"And the time where you stood in a corner with an uninterested face, you looked so cool that I wanted to be friends with you." She added.

"I-I see, I don't mind being friends with you...Shasha." I said the last part with a bit of hesitation.

"Really!? I'm so glad!! From now on, we should hang out at least once or twice a week. Oh! And let's set a slumber party someday!" She said in one breath.

"It's alright, we just met so let's take it slowly." I smiled at her.

"Bring it." She said to a servant.

The servant went away for a moment and came back carrying a small box.

"This is for you." She gave it to me.

"Ever since the banquet passed, I've always thought about what to give you." She added.

I opened it and inside it was a bracelet designed with fine amethyst jewel styled beautifully.

"It's beautiful.." I stared at it, mesmerized.

"I also have one."

She raised her wrist showing off a same-looking bracelet like the one she gave me. But the jewel she had was an auburn stone. The colors were the same as our eyes.

"It's our token of friendship." She smiled.

"Thank you." I thanked.

'How kind of her to prepare this.' I smiled in my thoughts.

We talked and chatted a lot until it was almost dusk. Time passed by quickly and I bid her farewell.

We had a lot of fun and I felt a bit closer to her now that we've discussed many things.

Kelly and I rode back home.

I had a lot on my mind ever since I came home.

I don't feel like overthinking for now so I just drifted off to sleep.

.
.

Morning came quickly and I got up from my bed.

I looked at the bracelet I'm wearing right now and remembered Shasha's words.

"Always wear our friendship."

I can't believe I became friends with the vilainess.

'I'm not going to become a villainess right?'

"Young miss? Are you awake?" Kelly came in.

"Help me get dressed Kelly. I'm going out to relieve some stress." I said.

"Okay young miss."

I wore a white, light dress. It felt like I was floating when I wore it.

I didn't take the carriage but I just walked outside with Kelly.

While walking, I met few flowers on the way and got greeted by a nice, windy breeze.

When suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you." I quickly apologized.

"It's fine." Her voice sounded nice.

I looked at her and was surprised at her appearance.

'Hell no.'

Long black hair and blue eyes. A cute and petite appearance.

'Why is my death flag here!?

Help me.. I'm tired.'