30- The Start to Recovery

*Ally's POV*

I stood in what used to be my home and my entire life, but now was a hollowed, burnt building. Everything had been destroyed except for a fireproof safe I kept in my office with all of my important papers and files and thankfully, a stash of money and some of my treasured belongings.

I didn't want to believe this happened. In less than twenty-four hours, I had not only lost my home and job, but probably my boyfriend as well.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and found Christina standing there with a sad smile on her face. She must've seen the look in my eye as she hugged me tight.

"It's all going to be okay." She told me.

"I don't know how this is ever going to be okay again." I mumbled.

"We'll figure it out. Let's just get out of here and we'll talk about it." She and I walked to the cars with what was left of my belongings from my trip to Louisiana and the safe that had survived in the back of my truck. All that I had left fit into a safe, a backpack, and a duffel bag.

I followed her to her apartment that was ten minutes from my place. I would be staying with her for a while until I could find somewhere to work and make money to buy a place of my own, or until she kicked me out.

"Hey, Ally." I looked over at her in the kitchen making food from the counter where I was sitting staring at photographs I had pulled from the safe. It wasn't the best idea to pull out the pictures from when I bought the shop but I couldn't shake the thought of it being gone. She reached over and took the stack of pictures and replaced it with a plate of her leftover lasagne.

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe it's gone, just like that. That place has been home to me for two years. That's what I've based my entire life on and now I have nothing left. My world is gone. The shop, Hunter, I've lost them both and I don't know what to do or how to react or what is going to happen to me!"

She looked over at me with wide eyes. "What happened with you and Hunter?"

I peered down at the food on the plate, pushing it around with my fork. "I don't really know. We got in a big argument and I freaked out and left." I dropped the fork and stood up. "He probably hates me more than anything right now and he has every right. I left him. I left and messed everything up."

"Have you talked to him since you left?"

"Haven't really had the time. I've been with you the entire time since I landed."

"You need to talk to him, and tell him about the shop, too."

I looked at her with pleading eyes. "I just want a few days to think about it."

"Ally, his life was in that apartment, too. All of his stuff was also there. You can't blow him off. Both of you need to talk this over instead of pushing it away and own up to your mistakes so that this won't bite you in the butt in the future and will instead make you both stronger and happier. Keeping it under won't help in the long run. Just talk to him."

"I know. I need to tell him about this." I sat back down, running my hands through my hair lightly. "Tomorrow. He needs to sleep."

Christina sat back down next to me. "You'll know what to do, don't worry. It's just Hunter."

A small smile appeared at the thought of him. "Yeah, it's just Hunter."

*Hunter's POV*

I sat laying on one of the couches in the bus, not really paying attention to anything. I hadn't been fully attentive since yesterday, even at the show last night. My mind was in mangled pieces, replaying back the events of yesterday. I overreacted when she told me and I wish I could take back everything I said and have her back in my arms instead. It would make this situation so much better. She probably hates me now.