18- Inside Jokes & Birthdays

*Hunters POV*

"Hunter, we're gonna be late! We're gonna be late! I cannot be late!" Ally screeched from her bedroom.

I let out a loud laugh. "Ally, it's just a party, not a meeting with the President!"

"I can't be late!" She repeated.

"Well, maybe you should have gotten ready earlier."

"Sorry for having to work!" She sassed at me before finally appearing. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, the end still reaching her mid back. She had on her familiar brown boots along with a pair of jeans and a camouflage green long-sleeve that read "Save a horse, Ride a cowboy"

"Hey good lookin." I winked towards her.

"Shut up." She teased through her big smile. "Do you have the present?" I held it up for her to see. "Perfect, now let's go!"

Like always, she grabbed her bag and keys and we went out to her truck.

I held the gift in my hands, seeing only a small part of it. My curiosity got to me. "So what's is this?"

"That? It's a long story." We exited the streets of Nashville and before long were on a small highway. "It's an inside joke between him and I. You wouldn't get it. You can look at it if you want to."

I delicately reached down into the gift bag, pulling out a small frame. Inside was a picture of the two with a small caption underneath it. The smiles on their faces were identical and both looked content with their lives. I read the small message underneath. "I wouldn't be me, without you. Love you forever, Buttwheat."

I laughed a little. "What is a 'Buttwheat?'

"It's running inside joke from like high school. It just kinda happened one day and hasn't stopped." Ally pulled off onto a gravel drive. "Here we are!" She drove down the white, bumpy road to a large part where a ton of cars were parked.

"Wow, looks like one heck of a party!" I exclaimed, stepping down from the truck.

"He's like that." She took my hand in hers, and we walked down into the extremely large backyard. A big barn sat up on top of a hill a farmhouse on another hill opposite it. Down the hill, a bonfire was just beginning to burn.

*Allys POV*

I looked all around the mass of people, hoping to spot Brandon as Hunter and I walked down to the party.

I nudged Hunter as I spotted him sitting down at the fire talking. We walked over to the group and Brandon looked past his retinue to us. "Hey, you could make it!" I hugged him as he stood up.

"Well duh! Why would I miss your birthday party?!" I handed the gift over to him.

"Oh Ally, you didn't have to."

"Yeah, I knew that, and I did anyway because I'm rebellious like that." I smirked which caused both Hunter and Brandon to laugh.

"Oh god, Buttwheat..." He laughed loudly. "This is amazing. Thank you, Ally." He hugged me tightly and whispered thank you again in my ear.

He had to go greet newly arriving guests so Hunter and I walked around and I introduced him to some old friends. A few times, some of them would ask for pictures which still took me as strange, considering the countless times I randomly forgot Hunters career. Such a supportive girlfriend, I know...

"Ladies and gentlemen! Gather around to wish this awesome guy a happy birthday!" Someone called out after about an hour into the party. In the middle of singing, I felt eyes burning into me. I looked around the crowd catching a pair of gray eyes staring before they looked away and the person disappeared.

There was some dancing, eating, and chatting as the sun set and the night life party started. Hunter found a guy with a guitar and ending up sparking an interesting conversation that I got lost in, so I excused myself to go mingle for the time being.

•••

YES I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT UPDATE COMING TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY!

So guys I finally get to meet @InHuntersSong on Thursday, I'm so excited!!

-Ally