6- Family

*Ally's POV*

I peaked out from behind the tree. Ha, they'll never find me here-

"I gotcha!"

I let out a blood-curdling scream, as my body was thrown, once again, over Nicks shoulders, and he bounded towards the patio.

"Look who I found hiding in the trees!" He exclaimed.

I swayed back and forth upside-down while he turned me towards my family. The blood was quickly rushing to my face; I'm sure I look like a bright red tomato.

"Hey uhm Nick. I've got a great idea! How bout you put me down before I PASS OUT!" I exclaimed.

"Hmmm, how bout....no!" He countered.

"Nicholas...." I growled.

"Nick put her down, it's time to eat." Dad said from the grill.

Suddenly, I fell onto the grass with a loud thump, landing right on my head and back, but I was on my feet, quickly catching up to Nick and passing him.

It was an all out rush to the bar in the basement to get food. We all happily piled on the food: brisket, watermelon, salad, and moms brownies. Then we sat down at the bar table outside and the old familiar setting came back to me.

It was like old times again. Sitting outside with my family, sharing stories and laughing the whole time. This was hard to do nowadays. Brandy had a family to take care of, Nick was away at college, so his little few day break was rare, especially since it wasn't a holiday. And then with myself, I had a shop to run, customers to please daily, and I had to make sure everything worked and ran smoothly constantly. I missed this happy feeling.

We laughed and played the day away, until dusk came upon us. The three little ones had long since passed out on a blanket in the grass. We roused them to an incoherent wake and carried them to the car. After one last round of hugs, Nick and I climbed into my truck and pulled out of the driveway.

"So Nick, how has school been?" I asked before pulling onto the highway.

"Pretty slow, which is really great, I get to spend more time with the guys and Leah."

Leah? I peered over at him. "Who's Leah?" A smile appeared on his face and we locked eyes, and I knew exactly who she is. "My god! Nick, she's your girlfriend! Oh my god, you have a girlfriend!" I squealed excitedly.

He let out a laugh. "Yeah, she is."

Woah, this was new. Nick wasn't the type of person to 'spend more time with the guys,' nonetheless have a girlfriend! She's special, she's definitely special!

"What's she like, I need a picture!" I couldn't even think about containing this excitement, this is HUGE!

"Ok, I'll find one."

I felt myself literally bouncing in the seat, forcing myself to keep my eyes on the road. I finally pulled into the driveway.

I jumped out and hurried to the back door, unlocking it while snagging Nicks phone from him. He followed behind me upstairs. Once we were inside, I finally looked at his phone.

He had his lips placed on her cheek, and she had the biggest smile on her face. Her teal eyes shone brightly through her dark brown bangs. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

I gave his phone back to him with a smile and he returned it right back to me. She's definitely the one.

*Hunter's POV*

The six of them were right. That jam session was just what I needed, and even with my broken hand, I was rocking out on the piano, playing away all the memories of Heather. I could make it through this, I would make it through this.

I was currently juggling phone calls right now. Between Dann and Betsy and Mama and Dad and Ainsley all hearing the news, apparently all at the same time, I had call after call from them.

Currently, I was on Ainsley, getting my ear chewed off about me and Heather and how sorry she was.

Ainsley, for the last time, I'm ok." I finally told her.

"I know-" she said lightly. "I know you're ok. But that still gives me some right to be obnoxious and act like your mother. I can't help it, I just want the best for you Hunt."

"Ains, I know you. And I'm grateful that you care and I'm glad you called and checked on me. But I'm fine, she's a thing in the past now."

"Well, I trust you in telling me the real truth about this. She meant a lot to you."

"The absolute truth!"

"Okay, that's all I needed. Let's hang out ASAP, ok?"

I let out a laugh. "Of course Ains! I'll text you when I figure out my schedule."

"Alright Hayes. Take care, love you." She said.

"Love ya too Britain, bye." I hit the end button and replaced the phone with my coffee cup, sipping at the drink. Mmm coffee.

My phone rang again. Ugh, I was too tired and too frazzled for these constant calls. I was tired of talking about Heather and my hand and if I was ok or not. I just want that out of my mind and life forever, and I never want to look back on it. Ever.