Chapter 21: arguments and lies

Gerard's pov:

I feel so bad for y/n I know she's being really sweet right now and it would honestly break her if she ever knew what I was doing but it really is the only way I can put food on the table for her and s/n.

1 month later

Y/n's pov:

"Y/n I just got paid!"

"Geeee I'm so proud of you!" I smiled giving him a big hug

"We can look at apartments tomorrow, if you'd like?"

"Yes Gee I can't wait for it to be just us three"

"Me neither"

Today was Gee's day off so I spent it with him well that was until he received a phone call "Sugar, I have to go"

"Where?"

"It's business"

"Can I come with you?"

He shook his head "no."

"So why's it so important because I barely ever see you, Gerard, and you don't even help me with s/n, Frank's more of a father to him than you!" I snapped finally having had enough of Gerard's antics.

He looked very very angry, even a little hurt. However I didn't regret my words because they were true. "You're so ungrateful you know that y/n? I give you everything I have and you're just being a bitch!"

"Oh don't give me that bollocks, Gerard, you never see me anymore too busy at this job that you're so embarrassed about me when I show up there to see you!"

"If I don't have a job I won't be able to take care of you or s/n! It's not my fuckin' fault that you're such a fucking slut that you got yourself pregnant in the first place!"

"Oh it bleeding well is! You. fucking. knocked. me. up!"

"And I said I'm sorry! Look it's too late for all this now because we have a child!"

"Why don't you just go on the dole!"

"What? No! I'm not going on benefits when I've got a well paying job!"

"Gerard? Why are you being like this! Why is it that whenever you have a day off you're still working?"

"Because I'm a busy man."

"What do you actually do?"

"I told you I sell cars!"

"Look suit yourself go to work on your day off!" I said shoving past him and he walked off as well. Since the baby came along our relationship has been on the rocks and I'm scared Gerard will leave me I love him a lot it's just I barely see him and at this rate s/n is gonna grow up thinking Frank's his father.

That's when I had an idea I'd go to Gee's work without him seeing me to see what he really does. I sat on the wall drying my tears for about twenty minutes then I walked to the car dealership that Gee worked at. When I got there it was closed. How weird. I decided to ring Gerard up but it went straight to answerphone. I was so confused I decided to walk back to Frank's.

"Frank?" I called to him from downstairs

"Yeah?" He yelled back as I came up to his room

"It's Gerard. We had a big argument. He said he had to get to work but I just went there and it's closed" I said with yet another failed attempt of trying not to cry.