Chapter 28: I lost it all

This morning Gerard brought back
s/n from his mum's house. He'd grown a lot over the time we'd been gone it was nice to see him again. It was our little family that Gerard had always promised me we'd share. It made me happy, but I still couldn't trust Gee. I wish I could trust him but it was hard, after all he'd done to me, how could I?

I sat on the sofa and watched Gerard sit on the floor and play with s/n it was really sweet to watch. I could tell he cared just as much as I did about our family. He was giggling and joking around with s/n it made me happy to see him like that. After a while Gee had to put s/n to bed for a nap so we had some time together in the afternoon.

I was in the kitchen cooking lunch for Gerard when I felt his arms wrap around my waist pulling me towards him from behind. "Geeee"

"Y/nnnn"

"I'm trying to fry you an egg"

"I can see that" he giggled peering over my shoulder, he started to kiss all up the side of my neck.

"You're gonna make me burn it"

"Alright. Alright." He chuckled "I'll go and wait in the other room" he said walking off and I put the egg on a plate for him and took it to the other room for him. "You not eating?"

"I ate earlier"

"Sure?"

"Sure."

"I love it when you cook for me, y/n, makes me feel good, makes me feel loved." I smiled at his words Gerard's approval always made me feel good. After he ate it he took my hand and we sat in the lounge again. I buried my head into his chest and he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're really special to me, Gerard, I'm sorry I almost broke us up"

"Shh shh it's alright it was as much as my fault as it was yours"

I know that mine and Gerard's relationship is borderline toxic but I feel we're getting back on track now. "Gee the rent's due in two days, you did make enough from the tour didn't you?"

"Well I did"

"What are you implying?" I said slowly in a slightly worried tone

"Well I lost it all" he shrugged

"What do you mean you lost it all!?"

"Well I put all my money on the horses hoping to double it but I only got ten bucks...I'm sorry, sugar, I was gonna tell you" he said still holding me but avoiding eye contact

"What the fuck is wrong with you!? What was you thinking!?"

"I was thinking we need money because I can't get a proper job and you can't get a job either!"

"Well what do we do now?"

"We won't be able to stay here I already tried bargaining with the landlord"

"Gerard...I can't believe you didn't tell me" I said with a sob

"I'm sorry...I thought I would win...and now we've got nowhere to live"

"We can't go to your family's house 'cause it's full, we can't go to mine because they hate us, not enough room at Frank's and didn't you say there's even less room at Ray's"

Gee nodded sadly "yeah..."

"You caused me to stay, with the promise to provide for me but no you can't even do that anymore!" I said angrily

"Y/n, baby, listen to me...we'll think of something we always do"

"Gee, what about s/n? We won't even be able to feed him or ourselves...it's all your fault."