CHAPTER THREE

FAST FORWARD- SATURDAY NIGHT

HONESTLY, DEVIN IS THE EXTRAORDINAIRE when parties are involved. You walk into a sea of hot and sweaty bodies grinding against each other, basically fucking but with clothes on. Everything is just right. The music being played is fucking immaculate, a mix of rap and r&b. There's a hookah bar in the corner. Aaron is the bartender for the night. He told Devin that he's going to make the drinks. Devin agreed immediately because he had already planned to ask Aaron to bartend beforehand.

Speaking of Aaron, he's showing off his phenomenal skills to Christian who's leaning against the counter staring at him. Noelle, who's been irritated for the past three (two actually) days, is finally in a good mood, to everyone's absolute delight. Why? Sebastian Ashcroft has finally decided to reappear. He attempted to make up some bullshit excuse but she didn't care. She's just happy he's here.

Justin is in the living room, only half-listening to a couple of the other football players brag about their recent hookups. His attention is elsewhere. Where? Devin. He hasn't taken his eyes off of his baby as the pretty male dances with Juliette, Corinne, and some other members of the dance team.

From across the room, some dude stares at Devin, which is a stupid ass idea because his boyfriend is sitting right the fuck there. Wait. Who the- That's the dumbass who said he'd hook up with him. Justin is aware and he's not having it so he stands up and treks towards Devin, wrapping his arms around his petite waist.

Devin grins and jumps in his arms, kissing him.

"There are so many sexy guys here. Kennedy, which guy should I get with? I'm thinking the captain of the football team." Marissa says, leading Kennedy to shake her head negatively. "Why not?"

Kennedy gives her a blank stare. "Marissa, do you not remember what happened the last time you got with someone? He was taken... by Noelle and she almost killed you. We don't need a repeat of that shit."

"It's not my fault she couldn't keep him happy. Anyway, I want Justin Pruitt. He's going to be mine."

Kennedy slaps her on the arm. "Absolutely fucking not, Mari. Justin Pruitt is off-limits for several reasons. Number one is that he's gay. Number two, he's dating Devin Harrison aka the It Boy, not to mention the host of this damn party. Look for someone else. The last girl to even attempt to talk to Justin flirtatiously got her shit rocked by Devin. And Number three, HE'S GAY."

"I can get him-"

"Aht, that's not how this works. Don't even think about it. Just give up and look for someone that's not in a relationship. Plenty of sexy, single guys in here. Go find one." And with that, Kennedy shoves her towards the dance floor and makes her own way to the bar.

Outside on the patio, you can find Aurelia, Noelle's half-sister, and her friends Madison and Layla drinking and gossiping about couples and social events.

In the middle of their conversation, Alexander, Aurelia's brother, opens the door and steps outside with a red solo cup full of Jack and Coke and his phone to his ear. She's yelling at him but he's paying her no attention. His focus is on the feminine voice on the other end of the phone call.

"Yo, I'm tired of being single. I am getting a boyfriend this year. Even if I have to seduce and sleep with several guys," Layla says, clear determination laced in her voice.

Shawn, a basketball player, and his head cheerleader girlfriend Gabrielle can be heard arguing loudly about, honestly who the hell knows. They always do this- argue one minute and then the next minute it's like they hadn't argued at all.

Back on the party front, Juliette takes a break from dancing with Corinne, needing to go to the bathroom to pee out some of the liquor in her system. Once upstairs, the bathroom door flies open. Jules is barely in the door when she sees a girl with clownish make-up staring at her. The girl's hair is a mess and her cheeks are flushed red. Her lacy bra is exposed above the low-cut line of her dress, which appears to have whiskey spilled down the front. When Jules takes a step forward so does she, she's staggering like an inebriated tramp and invading her space. Juliette tries to swat her out of the way and strikes the mirror hard.