CHAPTER THIRTEEN

JULIETTE HAS NEVER BEEN THIS upset about anything. Not even the time her dad cut her off for a whole month. Jokes on him, she had cash. But on a serious note, Corinne broke her heart and now that bitch is walking around hooking up with anyone she lays eyes on like she didn't ruin her relationship. Jules shakes her head as she stares at the empty side of the room. Oh yeah, Devin had Corinne's cheating ass moved to Hudson House- it's nice but not as nice as Bennett House.

Jules is supposed to be getting a new roommate at some point but right now, that's the last thing on her mind. She needs to clear her head so she gets up from the bed and gets dressed. Even with a shattered heart, she still wants to look good so she puts on a black Fendi tracksuit and a pair of Nike Air Force Ones. She slips her room key, credit card, and phone into her pocket before leaving.

She doesn't want to be alone right now so she's going to ask Devin if he'd take a walk with her.

On the way to his dorm, she can feel people staring and whispering about her. Great. Everyone knows. This is the shit she didn't want happening. "If y'all have something to say, then say it to my face. If not, shut the fuck up." She says sharply. Some girls are giving her pity looks. Another thing she did not want.

She sprints up the hallway to her best friends' room, knocking on the door. Justin opens the door. "Am I interrupting?" She can feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

Before speaking, he pulls her into the room and harshly glares at anybody looking. "No, we just woke up. Devin went to the bathroom. Come here, Jules." He can see her about to fall, so he pulls her into his arms before she can hit the floor. She sobs loudly.

At this point, Justin could care less about the homework he has to get done before tomorrow. Juliette is more important. He makes it his job to protect her and Devin. He's not going to fail either of them. The sound of the bathroom opening causes him to look up.

Devin comes out and looks at his distraught best friend with tears in his own eyes. That's why he took so long coming out of the bathroom. Hearing her heartbreaking sobs made him break down.

The male doesn't utter a word, just pulls both of them into a hug. They don't speak for a long time.

A knock on the door interrupts the moment. Justin grumbles something about protecting his everything and whoever's knocking needs to go the hell away. While he gets up to answer the door, Devin grabs a kleenex off of the nightstand and uses it to wipe Juliette's tears away.

"Dominic, what the hell are you doing?"

The aforementioned male is standing in the doorway with a goofy grin on his face. "All of us, The Usual Suspects, are having a bonfire tonight. Get all cozied up and have some fun. We're having smores. This is the perfect way to cheer Jules up."

Juliette perks at the mention of having a bonfire. She really has the most amazing friends ever.

"By the look on her face, Jules wants to go. Good, we're going to mend that soul of yours." Dominic smiles. "Good, I'll tell Carter. I had to hide the marshmallows and the chocolate from him before coming down here. His bitch ass tried to sneak some out of the bag. He thought I wasn't paying attention."

Devin and Juliette giggle. Justin smiles at the change in mood.

"Yeah bro, we'll see you there."

Dominic gives them a thumbs up and bolts down the hallway.

"Dev, will you take a walk with me? I need to clear my head. Plus I need to get away from the incessant stares I got on my way here."

Said male nods and gets up from the bed to put his Saint Laurent hoodie and some Nike Air Force Ones on. He grabs his phone off of the wireless charger and slips it in his pocket, right along with his key and credit card. "Okay, I'm ready."

Justin sees both of them out of the room, kissing Dev on the lips and hugging Juliette one more time. "Don't worry. If I see the cheater, I'll get Delaney and Daisy to throttle her. They've been talking about wanting to beat her ass."

The duo grins and leaves the room. They head down the hallway to the doors. As they open them, there's a girl standing there with a whole lot of luggage.

"Thank god. I've been standing here for ten minutes. Can you two get my bags for me? Thanks." The girl walks past them, into the building.

"We are not her bellhops nor is she going to treat us that way," Devin calls a couple of guards over to get the girl's luggage. He notices the room number printed on the paper she's holding. Room 212. That's Juliette's room. He levels his best friend with a pointed stare. 'She's your new roommate.'

"You're shitting me. Ugh. All I know is she better not be another version of Noelle. I will fucking riot." Jules runs down the hallway to her room to see the girl critiquing everything.

Devin leans against the doorway with his arms crossed. Jules leans against her desk.

"Cute room. I wish it didn't have two beds though. Anyway, I'm Denver. I was told that I have a roommate named Juliette. You must be her."

The aforementioned girl nods sharply. "Indeed. Don't worry. Won't be too much trouble. I'll stay out of your way and you stay out of mine. Simple as that."

Denver smiles. "No problem at all." She turns her attention to Devin.

Ma'am, if you're going to attempt to flirt with him, you might as well stop right there.

"You must be her boyfriend."

Devin chuckles. "No, I'm Devin, her best friend. As flattering as that is and it really is, I'd date her in a heartbeat, I am not straight. Not to mention, I'm spoken for." Honesty, who wouldn't date Juliette? She's a beauty. Long black hair. (It was blonde but she dyed it the day of Devin's beach house party), azure eyes, caramel skin, a slim thick body, etc. She, like Devin, has the ability to make the blandest of outfits look pleasing to the eye.

"Oh, I'm sorry for assuming. Me being a lesbian, I should've known better."

Now that gets Juliette's attention. "Well, it looks like I'm not the only lesbian around here anymore. Denver, I think you and I are going to get along really well." She sends Devin a knowing smile.

Someone's happier now.