CHAPTER ELEVEN

IT IS CURRENTLY SIX IN THE MORNING and Justin is getting ready to go for his usual morning run around the Windsor campus. After that, he'll shower and grab coffee for him and Devin. He's just putting his shoes on when Devin stirs awake and stares at him with a sleepy look on his pretty face.

"Morning baby boy."

Devin makes grabby hands towards his boyfriend, not wanting him to go. Justin chuckles at how cute the former is. He hates it when they're not near each other. Devin is a clingy little koala and the elder loves it.

"Babe, don't go..." Devin pouts as he holds onto Justin's hand, sitting upon his knees.

"I won't be gone long, pretty boy. 45 minutes tops," Justin leans down as Devin leans upon his knees, and the younger nuzzles into the elder's strong hold as he receives soft kisses. "Go for my run, get us some coffee, and then we'll cuddle."

Like his relationship with Devin, football, his education, Justin takes his morning runs seriously.  He runs to feel, to feel the air and the earth, to feel the rain and absorb the hues of the daylight.

Running is Justin's dance, the way his spirit chooses to fly, to weave itself into the uplifting natural world and find the peace he needs when things get difficult, the inner serenity to overcome and succeed.

"Okay, I'll hold you to that. It's cold as fuck and I want to cuddle all day."

Justin uses the hand placed on the back of Devin's neck to pull him in for a hard kiss. The younger moves his mouth with him, rolling their tongues together.

"I'll be back."

Devin watches him grab his phone and keys and blows him a kiss as he leaves the room. The pretty boy gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom to shower. Not wanting to stay in there for a long time like he usually would, he brushes his teeth, washes his face and body, and slips back into the room to put some warm clothes on.

He's in the middle of putting another one of Justin's hoodies on when someone bangs on the door. He opens it to see a wide-eyed Juliette standing there, holding her phone up in his direction.

He taps the darkened screen and his own eyes widen. "Oh my god. What the hell?"

"Dev, I'm fucking annoyed. Her trifling ass is texting me talking about how she misses me and shit," her refers to Eden Thompson, Juliette's ex-girlfriend, "and to make matters worse, Corinne saw this shit and now she thinks I'm cheating on her."

Okay, back this thang up real quick. Let me explain what's happening here. Juliette woke up and went to use the bathroom. When she walked out, Corinne was standing there, holding the elder girl's phone up, an evil glare on her face.

'Who is this bitch texting you, talkin about some 'I miss you, baby.'? Are you cheating on me?'

"She jumped to conclusions and then didn't give you the chance to explain." The nod she gives to his observation tells him all he needs to know. "Jules, this is not the first time she's accused you of cheating on her. You're the most loyal human that I know."

"She doesn't think so. She also locked me out of our room. Help me."

Devin goes to speak but gets interrupted by the sound of his phone vibrating. It's a text from Delaney. It says for the members of the varsity dance team to meet in the lounge for a much-needed meeting.

"Alright, let's go. We're going to clear this up right the fuck now. I am not letting this shit slide." Seeing his best friend hurt and confused is something Devin does not fuck with and he plans to let them know this. He pulls her to the lounge. "Alright. Everyone sit the fuck down. Let me explain something here. Corinne, I don't appreciate you accusing Juliette of cheating again." He knows Jules can speak for herself but he's too mad to stop now.

Corinne scoffs loudly. She's muttering some shit under her breath.

"Speak up, I can't hear you, bitch." Devin calls her out.

"I said that your best friend is a damn cheater."

Okay, Devin's not holding back this time. The only reason why he hasn't popped off on Corinne before is out of love and respect for Juliette but now he's ready to hurt this bitch. "First of motherfucking all, Juliette Harrington is the most loyal person on this goddamn planet. For you to sit here, in my fucking face, and say that bullshit is trifling. You saw that text on her phone and just immediately jumped to conclusions. You didn't even give her a chance to explain."

"Why are you even mad about this, Devin? This has nothing to do with you."

Devin jumps up from his seat and gets right in Corinne's face. "THE HELL IT DOESN'T! THIS IS THE SECOND DAMN TIME YOU'VE ACCUSED HER OF SOMETHING YOU KNOW SHE WOULD NEVER DO. I don't play games behind this woman right here. Imma step in for her. Fuck everything else."

"Dev, Devin, let me say something."

The male nods and sits right back down. He needs to get his emotions in check.

Juliette lets out a deep breath before turning to Corinne. "That text you saw was from my ex-girlfriend. One I don't speak on because she broke my damn heart like you're doing right now. Had you given me the chance to explain myself, I would not be hating everything about life right now." She wipes her tears away. "I would never cheat on you and you know that."

Devin can hear Justin call out for him but at this moment his focus is on his distraught best friend.

"Honestly, Corinne, you're in no position to be throwing accusations of deceit around... when you are the one cheating. I have a text message on my phone from Marina. She saw you making out with another girl, your hand was in the girl's shorts. IN A WHOLE ASS RELATIONSHIP YET YOU'RE KISSING ANOTHER BITCH. You're a fucking hypocrite. And don't you dare try to say otherwise. There's a picture of you and her." The usually quiet Daisy loudly says, her gold eyes narrowed in anger.

Corinne's eyes widen in shock. The fuck you shocked for? You've been EXPOSED, bitch.

Juliette shakes her head and stands up. She snatches up the key to their shared dorm room (not for long), whispers in Devin's ear, and leaves the lounge without another word. He can tell she's going to look for Carter.

"Relaying this message to you. Jules is done with you. Done. Her exact words were, 'let her know that we are over, I want nothing else to do with her.' So with that being said, she's done and so am I." Sticking his phone back in his pocket he stands up. "At this moment, you're off the team, for good. And after I talk to my dad, you're out of here. Out of this school, out of this city. You're through. And anyone who doesn't agree with what I'm saying can go right the fuck with her. End of discussion." And he's out.

A freshly showered Justin is leaning against the doorway of their room, a look of concern written all over his face. He's silently asking what's going on but the way Devin buries his face in the broad chest, tells him that his question will be unanswered for now.

ACROSS THE CAMPUS-

Juliette knocks on Carter and Dominic's door. Her brother opens it and doesn't like what he sees. Her face is red. Her eyes are bloodshot. Not wanting to immediately ask questions right now, he pulls her into the room and gives her the biggest hug he can muster up.

All he knows is- whoever hurt her will face his wrath.