CHAPTER SEVEN

IT'S THE SECOND DAY OF CLASSES AND and literally, nobody wants to get out of bed. But at exactly 6:15, Natalia rolls out of bed (because if she doesn't, she'll lay there all day and she can't, no matter how much she wants to) and grabs her phone, heading to the bathroom to shower. She wants to get her routine over and done with before Noelle wakes up.

Before hopping in the shower, she gets a text from Devin, whose number she received yesterday. She's hoping he's asking to go get breakfast. To her delight, he is.

IMESSAGE

DEVIN
hi pretty. jules and I are going to have breakfast in the courtyard before class starts. do you want to join us?

NATALIA
absolutely. I'm hungry plus I don't want to be in here when you know who wakes up.

DEVIN
perfect. see you soon😘

Natalia grins and gets in the hot shower. This is just what she needs to fully wake up. She has her outfit ready- a black Balmain logo print sweatshirt with a pair of black pants and some black thigh Le Silla boots. As much as she could've picked a dress to wear, it's cold as shit outside and she's not about to catch hypothermia. So cute yet warm and comfortable it is.

A little while later- she's exiting the bathroom fully clothed. Another glance outside. The wind is blowing. Well, she'll be warm so it's okay. She checks her phone- it's 6:55. Noelle will be getting up soon and she wants to be gone.

As she zips up her boots and grabs her purse - a black Prada matinee handbag, she hears Noelle shuffling around. Natalia takes another minute to check and make sure she has everything she needs- especially her keys. She was rudely locked out two nights ago and the resident advisor had to let her in. Noelle is just going to have to deal because this is Natalia's dorm as well. There are no more available at this time.

"What are you doing?" Noelle asks, now sitting up in bed.

Natalia rolls her eyes. "Heading out to get breakfast before class." A simple answer and she's out the door.

——————

OUTSIDE-

DEVIN AND JULIETTE ARE IN the courtyard, talking and looking beautiful as they always do- even more so in Balmain. Now you might be wondering why a few of them are up so early. Well, The duo had to go to an early dance team meeting. Justin, Carter, and Dominic had to meet with their new assistant football coach, Coach Dawson. They don't know how to feel about him yet.

Natalia walks up to the table and suddenly she's glad she wore something Balmain-related because everyone outside is donning the same brand but in different styles. "Incredibly stylish, good-looking crew over here. I love what I am seeing right now."

Devin, ever so fashionable, is clad in a grey Balmain sweatshirt- the logo embellished with silver rhinestones- with a pair of slim-fit jeans and his favorite pair of grey Le Silla knee-high boots. Juliette is the same deal but her sweatshirt is black and gold. Her boots are black. These two are so so stunning that it's no damn wonder that they gain everyone's attention.

"I love what I'm seeing right now. You're stunning. I'm switching the topic on you real quick. Are you and Noelle friends yet?" Juliette inquires, already knowing what the answer is, but wanting to know anyway. She receives her answer to that question in a form of a loud cackle. "I knew that was coming. Devin and I were roommates with her. It was not pleasant. During my tenure as her roommate, she came at me on some bullshit. 'You better not flirt with my boyfriend'. Bitch, I am a full-blown lesbian. I have a girlfriend. The fuck are you on?"

Natalia goes to speak up but the rest of the Usual Suspects come walking up to the table. Devin smiles and leaves the table as soon as he spots Justin, jumping in his arms. It's only been an hour since they've been separated.

"Hi, pretty boy. How was the meeting?"

Devin rolls his eyes, causing Justin to chuckle deeply. The elder's deep voice in general affects Devin, in a good way. 5 years together and he still gets chills hearing this man speak because it's just so damn sexy.

"Come to the table, papa. We have cinnamon rolls and coffee coming. I need to rant about the shit that happened this morning." Devin jumps on the elder's back and gets a piggyback ride to the table. "Okay, so we're listening to Janelle give her opening speech, and all of a sudden, this new boy comes in talking about how he's the new captain. Bitch what?"

Juliette shakes her head. "Seriously. Devin was pissed rightfully so. I was too. He and I started this dance team. How's this new bitch going to come up in here and say that he's taking charge of the team? He had the audacity to smirk at Devin and say, 'this is my team now'."

"I swung on that bitch. I wish he would retaliate too. I'll beat his ass." Devin puts his all into certain things- his social life, surprisingly his education (the boy is super intelligent, don't get it twisted), and the varsity dance team. "I'm not giving up my fucking position as captain. Fuck that shit."

Devin stops speaking the minute he notices the servers bringing the food out. They have an assortment of cinnamon rolls, fruit, eggs, sausage, French toast, etc, and coffee.

Natalia's phone rings. She looks up in bewilderment. "Who the hell?" She glances at the caller identification and grins like an idiot. "Babe!!!!"

"Morning gorgeous. How are you?"

On the FaceTime call is Natalia's favorite human ever, her boyfriend Jaylen. "I'm good. I miss you, bubby." She does. She hasn't seen him in two months and she's lovesick.

"I miss you too, honey. How's the new school?"

"Huge. Bigger than Weatherly. Some things haven't changed though, Jay. I'm at a new school and yet I'm still dealing with bitchy roommates. When I got here and met her, she had the audacity to tell me not to flirt with her boyfriend. Girl, I've seen your boyfriend. He ain't my type."

Corinne sneaks up behind Juliette and hugs her from her. "Hey, superstar." She pecks the elder girl's cheek repeatedly until Jules relents and tilts her head upwards so they can kiss.

"Hi, baby." Juliette goes to speak but something catches her eye. "Devin. Question. The two guys basically dry- humping each other over there. Who the hell do they look like?"

With no hesitation at all, he says, "Aaron and Christian. Hands down. The subtle smiles and fucking lust-filled bedroom eyes. Bitch, I see them dating. I truly see it."

Natalia pans her phone around to show Jaylen the atmosphere of the school. "Jay, this is ridiculous. I'm vibing with this specific group of people. Like they've been helping me get settled in. Hell, we're having breakfast in the fucking courtyard. I'm doing things at this school that I couldn't do at Weatherly. That place was like a damn prison. I'm free. You need to be free too."

Christian and Aaron come to partake in the cheerful mood. Everyone is happy, vibing with one another. Devin and Juliette are playfully teasing each other about being whipped for their partners.

And then....

Here comes the bane of everyone's existence, Noelle. "Hello everyone."

Girl, bye. Just leave.