CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

JULIETTE, CLAD IN A pink tweed cropped top and tweed knit mini shirt , sits in the English classroom scrolling through her instagram feed. She's bored out of her mind and doesn't know why she bothered going today - it could have been any day other than this one, which happens to be the last day before Christmas Break, because they were forced to do the Christmas break project on a Wednesday instead of Friday. 

It was supposed to be a week long project but they didn't get around to starting for three weeks because all the teachers were busy doing other things so the school decided they could just put their class to work. Juliette's pretty sure the teacher assigned that assignment just to see if the students would stay focused. That was how it started - they couldn't focus after the first couple of weeks of classes. But after two days, everyone seemed to settle back into their previous routine.

Devin looks like the epitome of perfection and grace even while wearing his signature tweed square crop top and matching mini skirt. His louboutin pumps click loudly as he enters the classroom. Even at that, all eyes are on him. They don't look away until his back is to them though. Devin is so in control of his appearance it's unnerving. It's also one of those things that make him more attractive than any other guy in the class. There's just something about a man with no flaws who can keep it together, no matter how many stares they get from every single girl here.

He makes his way across the room, his gaze sweeping over the girls who smile back and the guys who don't give anything away. Devin's grey eyes never linger too long on any boy. He has Justin. That's why everyone in this school knows exactly what he likes, but they all do their best not to say anything because it would only upset Devin. He smiles softly when he reaches the desk next to Justin, and slides into the chair across from him.

Their eyes meet before he drops the bag he was carrying onto the desktop. They go outside. Justin opens his mouth, ready to tell Devin how sexy he looks today, but then Devin's lips crash against his. He pulls away after what seems an eternity and whispers, "Hi papa." Justin feels himself turning pink and wonders if that's what his lips have looked like before he kissed them. He doesn't mind looking good for his boyfriend because it's part of Devin's job, but he'd really rather kiss him instead. He opens his mouth to tell Devin as much, but before he gets a chance, Devin leans in again and starts kissing him on the neck. He nibbles on Justin's earlobe before nipping his earlobe between his teeth.

Justin groans and closes his eyes. He doesn't know what he did to deserve being kissed like that, but he definitely doesn't want it to stop. A moment later Devin stops, his hands still resting on Justin's thighs.

"Hey." He says softly.

Justin opens his eyes. "Oh, hi." God he loves this boy.
How can anyone not love him? Justin smiles as the thought crosses his mind. 

The elder always makes him feel loved, even when he's annoyed or frustrated by him.  Maybe that's just what Devin needs. He deserves everything good in life.

Justin kisses his forehead, and Devin closes his eyes. He presses his head into Justin's chest and takes a deep breath. "Sorry I ran out on you at lunch.  I had some business to take care of." Justin strokes Devin's hair.  The action is automatic now that he's known Devin forever. Devin sighs contently into his shirt.

"Don't worry about it, babe. You know you can talk to me whenever you want.  And don't think I didn't notice you glaring at the girls in the front row. You know it's wrong to go around marking your territory without telling people first, right?" Justin teases.  Devin rolls his eyes and stands up straight, pulling his sweater down where he'd been resting it across his chest. He tugs playfully at his bottom lip and pouts, giving him a mockingly innocent look.

"Devin!"

Here comes Noelle, yelling his name out loud from down the hallway. She's running in her Valentino rockstud heels, matching bag flopping against her hip.

"Uh-oh. What happened now?"

"I need your help. I want to get revenge on Sebastian for cheating on me with that bitch Marissa."