Partnership (1)

HIM- His thoughts. 

HER - Her thoughts.

___________________________________

HER

"No way!"

"Yes, you have to go. End of discussion." The woman who gave birth to me stared at me with pure rage in her eyes. Okay so not that I don't love my mother but right now she is getting on my nerves. She actually had the audacity to set me up on a blind date just because I refuse to go on one myself. What kind of evil mother is she?!

It seems like the sunny afternoon just turned windy and the tension between us did not just help. My darling father who always saves me from such situations seem to remember the 'Most important meeting' he had today and so I am all alone in front of my stubborn mother. She is one person that people can't refuse. Not because she is too sweet or a darling, but because no one dares to cross her. She is the boss at my house and today I have dared once again to cross her decision.

"You know I don't like arguing, now hurry and go meet him at the Sunday Café sharp at 3. I have sent his details to you."

"Mom but you know I don't want to get married right now...I want to..to..." What do I want to do actually? Well doesn't matter just want to avoid this meeting. There she is waiting for me to speak...what do I want, Oh God!

"What do you want to do? Your future plans? You did your bachelors and since a year you have just been doing odd interior designing projects. When will you get a stable job, a man for yourself..."

"I do not need a man to support me!" I say tartly

"When will you get married? When you have kids of your own you will understand what a parent has to go through to...."

"Kids don't require marriage." Silence. Shit I spoke that out! There my mother was gaping at me like I had said something really absurd and was an alien.

Maybe I can take my chances here..."Mom actually, marrying is not the criteris for having..."

"Get out."

"To have kids...Uh?"

"I won't repeat myself, get out. Go meet this boy and I will personally call him to ask if you met him or not. I want him to drop you off to make sure you behaved well." She spoke without any expression and that is the worst kind of expression.

"Mom..."

"Maybe you will thank me someday for not letting you waste your life." And with that she turned around and I knew I had no option left but to meet this blind date. Hope so he turns out blind, I will pass by him. Oh God! Well I 'll go and directly say him that I am not interest in marrying. YES!

____________________________________

HIM

"Prezo Limited is the company. No matter what we must invest here before other companies do. I hope you have set up a meeting with Mr. Somani." This is the next big company. I have to get this deal closed come what may.

"Sir, Mr. Somani is not in town for some urgent meeting so his daughter will be meeting. But not to worry, Mr Somani said that mostly they are contemplating our offer." They better, I do not want this deal to slip. His daughter...hmm. I can easily charm women that is like my trump card here. Maybe I am being smug but whatever, I am not among the top desirable bachelors of the country for nothing. How hard can it be to crack a woman?