Arrange Marriage (2)

HE

I know what this girl is trying to do. And in all honesty, I am loving it. The fact that she doesn't know that I am a very rich guy and yet she is trying to get rid of me is whats different here. She thinks she is a good actor and no doubt she is but she doesn't know I am a better lie catcher. Her small smirks and her irritated looks gives it all. I am playing it cool. Honestly, I really don't mind how she lives her life. I f she wants to drink in the afternoon she can, I don't mind but I know she won't.

And as expected she has her drink untouched in front of her.

At least she doesn't have the common hobbies. I just couldn't stop my laughter at the point where she mentions of burning up water. And her laugh is beautiful just like her face, her eyes, lips and everything about her.

Now she has her cigarette pack in front and I was a bit shocked. Honestly, I despise smoking but when she smirks, I have my blank look back on. Once again, she frowns and its cute seeing her plans go drown in drain.

I just stare at her as her tries balancing the stick in between her fingers. From time to time she looks at me searching for something but I give no expressions.

Suddenly a waiter appears and tell her that it's a non- smoking area. I notice her release a breath of relief but I was enjoying it more than I expected so I came up with an amazing idea. "Sorry for the trouble, we were just leaving, kindly accept the payment." With that I hand him over my card which he quickly grabs and leaves our table.

"Oh!! It was nice meeting you, I mean I know I can be a bit of an embarrasement and honestly I can't help it. You see that's how I am, I like smoking."

"Happens..." I nod slightly and inside I just was to laugh at her poor attempts to piss me off.

"A..lot actually...I love smoking, drinking and going to late night parties. I have trieddrugstoo..."

She rushes with her words desparately trying to get a desired reaction out of me. Then the waiter is there and I stand pushing the card back in my pocket.

"I would have paid..." She pouts with her cheeks red. I just smile and say- "No worries you pay for the ice-cream." With that I walked out of the café. I hear rushed footsteps behind me as I stand by my car.

"What do you...."

"You can smoke here." I look at her stunned face.

"Oh.." That's all her reply.

She is staring at her feet and I know I have to end this drama now.

"Listen; I know what you are trying to do." I turn to face her as her big brown eyes look up at me.

"I....I just don't want to get married now and I...." I explains slowly clearly ashamed.

"I know. And honestly I don't blame you. Well you could have just told me so in the beginning." I see her face falling further and suddenly I feel like a pathetic person.

"Well you can make it up to me...."

"How?" I got her interest.

"Treat me to ice-cream."

"Sure!" She exclaims.

*******************

SHE

Thankfully he agreed to entire plan. So we are going to reject each other and the marriage thing will be over. Then why do I feel a bit sad thinking about it. I should be happy right?

Now we are sitting against his car with ice- creams in out hands which we bought after irritating the parlor man by tasting each and every flavor twice to clear our confusion. His face was epic when we bought simple vanilla and butterscotch.

" I like reading but its more of autobiography. Although I like travelling." I didn't know when that got out of my mouth. I turned to see that I had his attention while the sun set before us on the cliff edge so I continued. "I want to see the entire world." I say with a smile. He had a smile playing on his face and he stared at the sun setting while he spoke, "I want to go skinny dipping in the middle of freezing Atlantic ocean."

"That's scary. I want to go to the top of Mount Everest and scream my name from the top of the world." I laugh by the end. How come I am sharing my weird dreams with this stranger, that's even stranger.

"I want to learn and perform sexy salsa dance." He shrugged.

"I want to have a beautiful house to myself. At a very beautiful place, with swimming pool, garden and a helipad."

"That's some specific requirements." And I just shrugged at his comment. I have some dreams which I want the way they have been dream of.

"What do want in a man?" The sudden question took me back. I had never spoken it out loud and never put my feelings into words.

"I...want him to treat me like a queen. Not a princess at his mercy. A queen where he treats me equal to him, in times of happiness or difficulties all I should bear half of what is his, and I will give him what is mine. I want him to respect my opinions, someone with whom I can have a sensible conversation. Someone who can love me and I can love him with all we have, no changes required."

Then there was silence and he and I both took in my words. I had told him what I had never even voiced it out to my own reflection.

"What about you?" I say softly.

"I want a warrior. I am very weak at heart. I get scared of things faster. I get scared of death, leaving someone dear, trusting someone wrong, not showing how much I care...These things I am pretty bad at and it scares me. I want a warrior who can give me strength, who I can count on, who I can protect and she can protect me. Sounds pretty non-manly, but I want her to be by my side. For me to love her unconditionally."

Silence. My heart beats faster and his words keep ringing in my ear. Each and every word. I don't think its something non-manly, but very brave. So easily she let out his heart to a stranger and told what he feels, what his fears are. Honestly.

"I want to have many kids and my reason for many will be because I don't have bear them." He laughed and then smirked at my horrific face.

I knew he was joking just with his smile I knew it. If it was someone else I would have my feminist side out and he might have been down the cliff right before me.

"Can't bear having many miniatures of  'you' running around." And we both laughed.