Partnership (2)

"Yes. So, I saw your documents. Must say I was impressed." The company profile was excellent. They surely did manage to maintain profits for the past years.

"Documents? As in plural?" Apart from my photo what all did Mom sent him? Oh God please tell me she did not send my certificates. For God sake that woman who sends a elementary school science certificate!? She is obsessed with me ever winning anything in science, she flaunts that to every guest at home and this is way too much.

"Um.. Yes.." What is wrong with her, I did ask for their balance sheet, profit statement and other cash flows data, all their financials.

Okay I must calm down and not make a fool of myself.

The waiter arrives with a cup of coffee and keeps it in front of the rich guy and turns towards me. I look at my 'Date' expectantly but he is busy pouring sugar into his coffee. What? No, what do you want to have? It is on me? Want to have coffee? How ignorant is he when being a gentleman? I should just give up expecting him to be a gentleman.

Slumping my shoulders, I order for Oreo shake, nachos and fries. If I am stuck here might as well not starve.

Who eats so much for an official meeting? I mean maybe be subtle and sophisticated? This girl!

"So, you have high interests..." The company's interest burden is high, we could help them there.

"You know about my interests?" I can't believe Mom somehow managed to fill him in on my hobbies! And he just nods to this, and why does his expression say it like it's the most normal thing to know about your blind date's hobbies. What am I a project he studied before meeting?!

"Yes. You have high interests..."

"A lot of."

"Uh?"

"Not 'high'. 'A lot of interest'. Never mind.." I just have to correct when people use poor grammar. Filthy rich, expensive suit but poor grammar.

"Right...So we can work on that."

"What to work?"

"We can coordinate and share our interests." We can invest in her company and pay of her debts.

Did I hear him right? He straight away wants to 'share interests'.

"So you want to be a part of my interests?"

"Um...Yeah.." Although her choice of words are a bit weird but I guess that's what we can say funding their company can be...sharing interest amounts?

Okay, this is going too fast and to the point. I need to deviate the attention from me.

"So...tell me about your interests?"

"You haven't seen in the document?" I had specifically told my useless assistant to mention the interest rate in the proposal agreement. That Idiot!

Shit! I didn't even read whatever Mom texted me about him! How in the world would I know his interests and hobbies? "Oh Yes! I completely forgot. I read them." I hope he passes this off after my bright smile.

Who answers like that on a date? Is it a class where I am being embarrassed because I forgot to do my 'homework'? Must have seen Satan in the morning.

How can the spotlight be on me once again! I need a distraction! God help me!

"Yess..obviously. So as I was...."

The waiter arrived with the order. Maybe the heaven is on my side. Could have wished for this man to disappear!

Great! Food! I want to close the deal here and here comes the food!

WOW, I guess she really was hungry, stuffing her mouth with everything. I can't stop the chuckle.

Yeah way to embarrass myself again! Great in a hurry to avoid speaking I stuffed my mouth with everything. How dare this guy! He has the audacity to laugh on my face. Will he ever even pretend to be a gentleman?

Okay she gave me that irritated look. That's it I can't laugh on my business associate if she hogs on food like she is starving for centuries. Okay, its funny but I have to stop laughing on her face this is no professional etiquette.

Wait...is she trying to avoid looking at me? Maybe if I clear my throat...

Can't you get a hint? Yes I am avoiding you. You Satan, clear your throat as much as you want I will ignore you. Laughing is what you like right? Serves you right! Gosh I sound like Satan myself!

Forget gaining her attention, I might have a sore throat if I try more. If I did not have my eyes on her company, I would have left long ago. Inconsiderate. I am here to invest in her firm, help them out and she acts like she is the victim here, being force to accept my company's funds. Forget subtle efforts.

"So, I did have a talk with your father he..."

"What!" Great I managed to choke on my shake and scream at the same time. Well people around; don't they have work? Someone please tell them to look outside at the rain and not me! Forget them, did he just say, 'MY FATHER'?!

"Dad knows about this?" I press my index figure on the table.

"Yes....Were you not sent by your father?"

"No! Mom is the one who told me. But I can't believe he was involved...He said he had some meeting and...."

"Yes he went out of station for a meeting....you didn't know that?" What kind of family business is this?

He is out of station? What is wrong with my parents. One sends, no forces the daughter to go on a blind date and other betrays her. I mean DAD! I can't believe he was into this plan from the beginning. And he went out of town without even telling me. We need to have a family meeting tonight. Enough is enough. But first this guy...I can't show him how unaware I am.

"Yeah..yeah I knew that, just...not the 'him' being involved here part..."

********************

Vote - Share - Comment!!!

Let me know if you are looking forward for the next part! :)