Partnership (4)

"Are you sure about this?....About marrying me?"

"Yes- What?" Did she say ' marrying her'?

"What marrying?" She has lost it. What is she blabbering about? Marry her? Why?

"What do you mean? You are hell bound on marrying me and now you act as if you never said that!?" What is up with this Man?

"Your are here to marry me?" This must be some joke.

"Aren't you? It's a blind date right?"

"No. I am here for closing the deal with Prezo Limited."

"......" I have no words to speak. What company even is that? And so I do the only best thing I can think of at the time – Face palm myself.

There is silence and maybe he even left the table. Looking up I saw him switching on his phone and immediately the notifications are the only sound from our table. Okay he is frowning. Not Good. Oh God why this happens with me!? I had been on a blind date with the wrong guy! Great! Hope the earth shatters and consumes me.

"Clearly you are not Miss Somani. She cancelled the meeting an hour ago." This is just so absurd? How can someone cancel a meeting minutes before it. I need to have a talk with them later, but firstly...I can't believe I spent an hour trying to close the deal with some stranger. This girl thought we were on a blind date! I know I should not be here, but this is so funny! And there she looks at me with her long lashes finally dropping her hands.

Actually, she is kind of pretty, especially with her cheeks burning like a tomato. Shit! What is wrong with me?

"Um... No. My name is Ruhi Sethi. And...I was forced by my mother on this date." I stretch my hand.The guts of this guy! Can he stop smirking. His eyes are fixed on me and my cheeks are burning, definitely. Oh Gosh! I am such an idiot!

"Aman Sehgal. You didn't know the guy? His picture?" Who comes on a blind date forced and that too literally being blind to the guy's identity? This girl....but her hands are so soft. Stop it focus mind!

"See that....is where my phone died before I could see his picture or his name...and I mean at the decided time you were the only guy sitting alone so...." Yeah, the rest is history.

"....." I can't stop laughing now.

"....Yes this is actually funny!" So, the tension is gone, finally!

Okay so now what?

Now what?

"The food was good though..." What?

I look at my side of the table and there is just a cup of coffee.

"Oh...yeah I ate everything, you didn't even try...but whatever its good here for your future reference." What an Idiot? Damn, you treacherous mouth.

A cute idiot. Oh the waiter is here to drop off the bill. Should I pay for her too?

Oh God! I just had planned that the date would pay and I'll enjoy, they always pay for me too so I didn't carry much cash. Shit! I must see the check and see what my share is. We split in half, right? But he just had a coffee and I am the one who stuffed her mouth. Damn, inflation and economic crisis, its so expensive. 250 for a shake! And there is fries and nachos and on top of its tax! Do I divide that too? Technically I should, in reality I don't even have money to cover one item, better to avoid tax too. I am so broke right now! God!!

I know I am a bit slow at mathematics, oh I wish I had my phone charged, I need a calculator.

Is she trying to calculate her share? I can see her looking at me from time to time and then back at the bill. Technically this girl hogged on food like a piranha, but I guess I could pay for her? But we were not on a date!

Okay that's it I'll do it. So, I snatch the bill from her and take out my wallet when she suddenly grabs my hand.

"Tell me my share, I don't let guys I don't know pay for me." Come on I am an independent woman. Woman rule in this male dominated society now.

"700."

"Okay so we split it..."

"That is your share. I just had a coffee."

WHAT!? Okay I see myself on street begging right now or maybe washing dishes at the café, I just have 100 rupees that too for the auto, I paid the rest to the mechanic. Shit!

I can clearly see her face turning to white. I can guarantee she didn't carry that much money.

"Okay, honestly I pay for my things but since your were my date technically, aren't you suppose to be a gentleman? I mean you businessmen don't have manners or what? Leave it I don't even expect much from you people." I fidget in my bag trying to look for money. Please pay for me, please! Please say something, I can't keep on acting to look for money which doesn't even exists! Please pay! God! Heaven , Angels anyone whoever is there Please!

"Its okay I have it covered it was my meeting any way." Even if you try to hide, I can clearly see through you.

Thank God! He is smiling, like really smiling with his eyes shining with mirth.

The waiter is there once again retuning him his card? Did he already pay when I was looking through my bag?

"Just give me your number, I'll return you your money." I don't keep debts.

I hand her over my business card and she is the first girl to not be impressed by it.

He has a business card with his name on it. Oh God, rich business men!

"So, I'll pay you back 700 don't worry I ma not kind of girl looking for a sugar daddy. I...I actually paid most of my cash to the mechanic..." I had to tell him. I can't pose as a gold digger. I know it doesn't matter what he thinks of me, but still.

"Looking forward to seeing you again." Shit.

"I..I mean when you pay me back. Just give me a call or text when you charge your phone. I..I..mean I should be sure that you don't run off. Right?" Way to go dude! The first girl you want the phone number that too you blabber like an Idiot.

"You sure you don't have any intention to have my number through this?" I have a smirk playing on my face. This is hilarious! Teasing him could be fun, who would have thought!

"Should I have an intension?" What did she think? Its not easy to tease me.Her face is shocked turning to a blush. Got you!

"Um.. I...I will be leaving now. Goodbye." He is so irritating. I need to rush out of here.

Oh God its still raining. Why can't I ever find an auto the first go? He did not come out of the café, thank heavens. Hope I get a ride soon.

___________________________________________