Arrange Marriage (3)

SHE

So like that , that night was over. All was fine until we were standing once again in front of 'Destiny' Café. I could see my car parked and somehow, I wish it got towed away or stolen before I came.

Before I could speak a word he had taken a step towards me and next I could feel his lips on mine. Before I could respond or do any thing the feeling of warmth over my lips were gone. Without any words his hand left my cheeks and he walked away.

I stood transfixed at my place. I saw him getting into his car, his car go straight out of the drive through. Like some lunatic I stood there even after the sound of his engine was gone. What was I thinking? That he would come back. Dumb me I am the one who sent him away on the first place.

I think my face held something different because no one at my house mentioned the blind date again.

I have stalked him through facebook, Instagram every place I could look for. His pictures have been imprinted in my mind like glue. The hell I even know that last year he celebrated Christmas in Sydney, Australia where his cousin brother stays who has two twin boys and they all had gone to a waterpark together. There he was swearing a navy blue trunk and he had lean body. However after that around after seven months he worked out a lot, he had posts for his morning workouts also which are my constant favorite. Now he probably has well defined abs which make me stare at him for longer than a decent girl would.

I am not some crazy love- sick stalker.

Hell when my boss asked me if I was already engaged, his face popped up in my head.

We are not friend on social media or in any way but I remember him telling me that soon he will go to Australia again, and maybe for longer this time. I had just nodded, for I don't know how a stranger should react to your travel plans but now I wish I could have asked more. Just talked to him more. Hear him more. Learn about him more.

And when I was lecturing my younger sister of how she should trying liking vegetables and try changing her mindset. Telling her ' To try, maybe it isn't that bad'; it struck me.

I could have tried this whole marriage thing. He was everything for which I had rejected the previous men. He was funny, smart, good looking, had good comebacks, wired dreams, respected me and my style of living. There was this wired comfort around him which I had nerve experienced before.

He would have made my life a bit more adventurous, would keep me on toes all the time, there would have been a spark I had been missing in my life. I know it the spark existed, I could see it just for that evening. The feeling when we kissed. This all indicated towards only one thing. I was in deep shit. I was in love.

*************************

Its Saturday and it can't be any better. I have this glow on my face and with some unknown music running within me I got ready and rushed down where my mother would be there.

"Mom....MOM...." I see her staring at me as if I have grown another head.

"I was saying...." I see her waiting for me to speak and I know my cheeks are red. I can practically feel them burn.

"I was saying...the ninth boy that I met a few........"

She interrupted me. "Yeah....his father found someone else for him."

**************************

Its Sunday and the day is the worst. I have swollen eyes from a lot of crying and a stuffy nose. I have tissues all around my room. Ice-cream box making a tower on my side table and all kind of sad romantic movies on. Shit! I am such a girl!

I stink like garbage and so I give myself a pep talk. Feeling more confident I walk into the shower and cry my eye balls out once again.

*******************************

No day is better when I have lost the may be the only chance in life to have a life I always wished for. And who said love is very beautiful feeling? When I was initially in love then it was but later it pains equally.

Its closing time in office and almost all staff is gone. I sit idly in my cabin looking at some papers my head can't wrap around.

There is a knock and looking up I see my Boss and by boss I mean the whole sole owner of my company. With a smile I stand to walk around my desk and he stands in front of me.

He is a very nice man, a fatherly figure for me around here.

"I was wondering...." I can see a hint of red tint on his cheeks and with a smile I slightly nod at him.

"Well, you are a very nice girl. I was wondering if you'd want to meet my son." To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I was beyond just astonished.

"You don't have to answer now..I mean..." I see him gulping slowly.

He is a very rich man. In all ways his son might be a good option; but...His face is once again in my mind and I think it will take more time than expected to get over him.

I turn around facing my back to the old man. "That is so sweet ...of you sir. But; I don't think I love someone and I don't think I have the heart to love someone now, at least yet."

"Not with this face also?" I hear another voice, vaguely familiar and instantly I turn around towards the voice.

There in all his glory he was standing. The one I thought had slipped from my hands, from my life. The one I thought is just one golden chance and I had let it pass because of my childish mindset.

He was in a black shirt and pants with his air disheveled and eyes swollen. Has he been crying?

I am out of my thoughts when I hear the door close shut and then its only me and him in my office.

I give into my urge to hug him and so I throw myself into his welcoming arms. I sob hysterically and he just holds me in his arms.

I need to tell him, its now or never.

I look up at him and after clearing my throat my vision is quite clear.

"I want to go skinny dipping with you in the Atlantic Ocean." He just stares at me and I continue.

"I want to see the entire world but with you.I still want to live in a beautiful place. But I want a 'Home' with you now not just a 'House'.I want to have the sexy salsa dance with you, I still want to go to the top of Mount Everest, and scream your and my name.Tell the world that I am hopelessly in love with you and I think its my biggest mistake to let you go for the first time." I didn't realise that I had tears running down.

I feel his thumb brushing off the tears from my cheek and cups them holding me tenderly.

"I love you too. And I nothing more than to complete your and my dreams together. Have a life with you in a beautiful house with a swimming pool, a garden and a helipad." He loves me back! I chuckle at the thought that he remembers.

"You know what deep shit are you dragging yourself into?" I say looking him once again as I break our hug.

"I knew it the first time you entered that doors of the 'Destiny café'. And I had dreamt of having many miniature me and you running in our home." He kisses my lips and this time I don't hesitate to let him know that I want him and his dreams all.

"You are my warrior and I'll treat you like a queen." He whispers as our forehead rests against each other.

____________********____________