Touch and timing (1)

HER

Which is the most important sense in our body?

Some will say eyes, cause your sight is important, some will say ear, cause hearing makes you comprehend things and the foodies will say taste.

I think its TOUCH.

This is because it is the only sense which is connected to your feeling, to your heart. The rest are all logical and reasonable senses, all sending logical explanation to the brain. But touch, it makes one feel numerous emotions. From getting injury and feeling the pain to being hugged and receiving love and care.

This is where my problem arises. What is the need to touch? Each and everything can be communicated by words and actions from a distance. Caring words from someone is more than enough, then what is the need to go and squeeze the life out of the other person by hugging. Moreover I feel such people pose themselves as an out of control homicide out for a run of victims. I mean why get so close to someone's personal bubble.

I think half the world's problem of Covid-19 Virus would have been solved much earlier if people had stopped the practice of getting physically close to others.

Nevertheless, I can't stop people from what they do, right? But what I can do is keep my safe distance.

Well if I don't like communication through touch ,then I don't; its simple. My mother actually dislikes it, she tries to hug me and tell me she misses me and loves me. I know it all and I tried explaining her to just tell it and not go all 'Mother loves you kiddo!' squeezing me in her hug.

With touch comes other gestures too. Its not only hands or a hug but your mouth too. Fine..people kiss but the strange thing is I have seen one single girl kiss three different guys in the same week! Like...seriously? Isn't it very unhygienic exchanging saliva with numerous people?

Seeing all this, I have pleadged to ever kiss only one guy for my entire life. That is if I ever find a guy with whom I can see my future, I will only kiss him and only him and no one else.

Well I never let anyone; I mean anyone touch my hand unless its case of life or death and we are crossing the road and I really don't trust the person's skills to cross the road SAFELY and save her ass. That is pretty much times with my friends but when the road is crossed, its done and leave their hands.

Some of my friends like holding hands and walking and I see they pretty much enjoy it. With the music rhythm they walk and gossip. I tried to be 'normal' like others but just couldn't.

I actually believe hand is a very sacred thing. I will only hold hands with the person I would trust, and after nineteen years of my life I have come to the conclusion that I have major trust issues. I don't trust people so easily.

Basically the major problem isn't this. It is the place my destiny has landed me to and then my 'stay away' mantra for myself hasn't helped me a bit here – Mumbai.

Yes the financial capital of India and is full of people. Literally. Takes me three minutes to enter my college and yet I shove past three people on an average, daily.

Well on road, its okay but things get bad when I enter the lift.

I have spotted 16 lifts in my building yet never has it happened that I had the entire lift to myself. People are always there.

Everything was going fine. I kept my distance from people and had studies and friends and fun in life but suddenly everything changed because of one second.

Time is a funny character and also sadist. Its likes playing jokes in my life, and every time I let it pass by, but this time was different. I realize now how a second can change things so much.

****************************************************************************

HER

Finally my lucky day. I had the lift all to myself,even the lift mall wasn't there only his tall stool. I had the brightest smile playing on my face. Slowly and steadily the silver doors were closing and I was letting out air of calmness and isolation.

You know the happiness of the fielder who sees the easy catch coming. The fielder, the batter and the entire stadium knows that the batter is out, the catch will be caught. The other fielders are already passing smiles to each other and the batter has already thrown his gloves off on the ground. But to every one's horror the smiling fielder gets hit by the ball on his forehead.

Timing and misjudgment can get things ugly.

So the moment the lift door was about to shut there was a black shoe which stopped between them and the door slowly opened once again. There was a person but before I could see his face or register anything, he was pushed by the crazy crowd outside trying to enter the small lift.

The next thing I know is that I have something soft against my lips and something heavy against my body while my back is pressed against the steel wall of the lift. My lips felt being sucked and my gut was instantly warm for God knows what reason.

I opened my eyes and met with dark brown ones. For a moment I could not comprehend anything. When suddenly my lips felt numb but light I realized what hell had befallen on me.

He was right before me. My mind was at switch off mode. I was shocked more than words can describe but there was something else too..But what? Which made me stare at him like some crazy woman.

Well my brain would have firstly responded by pushing the handsome stranger away and give him a glare, but you see the power of 'Touch' which brings my heart into situations and shut any kind of intervention from my brain at any cost.

I was not able to form a single word when suddenly people got out of the lift and he took a step back away from me. I might have been red, I know it because I could feel my cheeks burn. I just looked at his eyes, his face and then my eyes landed on his lips. I looked at him once again and caught his eyes on my lips. His hand tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and I felt my heart would burst open with the intensity it was beating with. Then he just smirked ,turned around and got off the lift. Slowly the door shut once again but he was there waiting for the silver to block us completely.

Then everything came rushing to my brain like some thunder striking you and giving you near death experience.

I rushed to the restroom. The girls their might have thought of me as some psychopath as I was continuously rinsing my mouth and so they left the entire room to myself.

Looking at myself in the reflection, I see the same me. Everything was exactly the same just my heart was beating faster than the usual. Involuntarily my hand touch my lips and the feeling of his soft lips were playing on repeat in the back of my mind.

'I have lost it. I can't be thinking of something so stupid, of someone so stupid,...wait I don't even know him. Damn I feel like a slut. God!!! Please get this whole incident out of my mind. Wish I could have amnesia for a day, and erase this entire day out of my brain.'

I gave myself a pep talk and usually it works well. But this wasn't just any situation. Just a second passed and he was there in the lift, wish the second would have passed and he would have missed the lift. Hence 'sadist' Time.

He was there in my mind the entire day, entire night. During the night walk he was there and the entire scene replaying again and again. It could have easily been forgotten I know, but his smirk.... It was dangerous. His lips were dangerous, his face was dangerous and his closeness is dangerous. In the end it is concluded that he is dangerous and its better to never see him and just forget his face.

********************************************