Belief (2)

HIM

She never spoke another word. I turn to see her and she is sitting blank just staring ahead on the road. The sun is setting and the last rays hitting her face, making her look even more beautiful if it's possible than the time I first saw her. She is the girl who usually clicks photos all around the college, I have noticed her.

Once one of the council members had a crush on her and suggested we have a photographer for capturing our events and activities all around the college. He did suggest her name and like any other day, I declined. Well maybe that idea can be thought of once again. I am a hypocrite, officially declared.

If you think I saw her today for the first time then you are highly mistaken. Well let's just say I saw her for the first time during the college fest preparations. Mostly she kept to her small group of friends and it was very easy to check her out, naïve girl. 

When that insignificant member of the council openly stared at her during the fest , I was pissed off. Why ? I don't know, maybe because she was distracting him with her hair open and falling on her forehead, maybe her shiny earrings were the reason or maybe it was her smile and laughter. No matter what was the reason, he was looking at her and I didn't like it.

 Not one bit and I didn't care at that point why? But when I am all alone with her now I think about it and the possible answers echoing in the back of my mind are disturbing.

She believes in 'God' and I want to show her the harsh reality. Make her realize that she is wrong.

"See the sign board. We are on the correct road." I say.

She just nodded and suddenly I was desperate to hear her voice. Why the hell I took the correct road? Could have listen to her and taken the left road, now we are about to reach the college. I slow down the speed and my heart is beating fast for I wonder if she noticed it and would want me to go faster.

I don't know if she noticed or not but she never complained.

"I don't believe in helping people." Her voice pipes in.

I opened my mouth but shut it quickly, because no words came out. I didn't know how to perceive her statement. I think she sensed it and continued speaking.

" I believe if someone needs help they should come and ask for it."

"What if they aren't able to?" Where the hell is she heading to?

"Its my belief." That's all she said and we were at the college gate. 

There were people around, some staring at us wondering how I allowed a girl on a ride with me, some probably giving us nasty looks, mostly girls giving her nasty looks and some stood too unaware of the entire situation but I was just looking at the girl on my car's passenger seat who had something else to say I knew it because she didn't make any effort to get out of the car.

Then she looked at me and said, " You know everyone has different beliefs; but its important to respect other's beliefs rather than trying to change them." With that she got out of the car and I knew I won't be able to sleep that night.

Her words were the only thing echoing in my mind and no matter how much I wanted them and her out of my system, it was turning impossible.

 Initially it was only her words playing on repeat in my head, then it was her face stuck there, then the entire journey across the forest. Unknowingly I have started scraping my brain finding pieces of memories where even in my peripheral vision I had seen her ever.

I think she is so much into my mind that I called for a PR team for the student council. Everyone praised me for the brilliant idea so that our activities reach to all the student but I accepted the appreciation with guilt. I didn't ask for council editorial to be printed in any good faith, it was clearly a very selfish motive- Her. I just wanted her around.