Belief (1)

HIM

I am an atheist.

My childhood as a boy of ten had been full of belief in the almighty but with time I realized that it is all fake. If there exists any God as they say up in heaven somewhere then he should answer me that why did he take away my parents from me when they were good people. They were God-fearing like everyone else and never did anything wrong, then why? Why the hell am I left all alone in this world.

Since then I have been alone and what I hate the most is the people who believe in God way too much. Those God-fearing people do not understand the fact that believing in something that doesn't exists is so foolish. None of their prayers would ever be fulfilled. I only asked for happiness ever and instead he took away what family I even had.

There have been many who tried to change my mind regarding God but eventually give up. After my parents I have no reason to ask God for anything.

And today I am out with a bunch of college students for some useless trip to the jungle regarding some nature trek. I don't give a damn about it. What I appreciate is the only fact that I am going to drive my jeep while the rest of the students hitch the bus, why- because I am the president of the student council and I am the law.

The trek has been uneventful and now its just me and the wind against my face giving me a sense of silence along the way of the forest. The bus probably is already half the way back to the college.

***************************************

HER

Fuck my clumsy nature. Now I am all alone, back in the jungle and the bus probably already left for college. I am left with nothing but my camera, even my phone is back in my bag in the bus. Please God! Save me from any mishap. I know God will definitely help me. At times he takes time to listen to my wishes but belief is what I am left with.

Then there comes my knight in shining armour. The President of our student council. Onhis jeep roaring past the silence of the forest and until I do something crazy he won't stop for me, so I shout for him to stop and jump in front of his car. He definitely has a confused mixed with frightened look on his face but...I care less.

"Thank God! I found you.!" I say with a sigh and walk to the passenger seat.

"Excuse me what the hell you think you are doing? You think it is safe to jump in front of a car? And what the hell are you doing in my jeep? Hell! Who are you?" He is so angry but I am happy. Firstly I found some reliable drive and its actually funny to see the 'president' panicked! And unknowingly I chuckle and he stared at me bewildered. Shit!

"Oh you can continue with the answers on the way. The drive shouldn't be spoil with an interview in the middle of nowhere!" I say with a smile.

He looked at me, more of like checked me out. Honestly that shameless way of checking out was cute and hot at the same time!

To my surprise he started the car and I really felt at peace.

"Now start talking." There goes the confused man turned back to the rude I had heard of!

I told him how I was stranded in the middle of nowhere and was left with only my camera. The entire time I was turned and facing him and could watch him trying to maintain a balance between looking ahead at the road and at me. Casually he gave a nod after pondering a bit.

I have heard of him. According to people he is suppose to be rude,scary and arrogant. But then why does the funny faces he makes as his hair irritates him on his eyes, make him looks so cute?!

Okay so it s been exactly 67 counts and its only the sound of wind around us. Thankfully the forest hasn't made any sound yet or else I would be scared to death if it made any!

Maybe if I clear my throat he would look at me and start conversation. So I follow my plan and he did turn to the left.

 I smile; in an attempt to speak something I open my mouth but instantly shut when I see him pull out his eyeshades out of god knows where and I don't care because he is so rude.

 How do I know that- because I saw the triumph smirk on his face as he placed the shades covering his eyes from my annoyed glare.

"I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me I'll never tell" Now its me who has a smirk as he looks at me with creased eyebrows.
"I looked at you as it fell
And now you're in my way" I looked at him and sure as hell he clenched his jaws.

I don't sing very bad but right now I was purposely off tune and screaming on top of my voice.

"I'd trade my soul for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a kiss
I wasn't looking for this
But now you're in my way" Call me maybe is really nice and presently I am hooked on the song. 

Okay so he is trying to ignore me. So I pull his shades of and before he could utter –"What?" I was singing off once again with his shades hanging on my nose bridge. Nice eyewear. It blackens and soothes the very bright sun rays hitting my eyes.

"Your stare was holding
Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
Hot night, wind was blowin'
Where you think you're going baby?"Then I paused as I looked at him. His hands were adjusting the rear view mirror and now it was adjusted in a way that he was looking at me in the mirror. He was the one who was suppose to keep shut but why the hell am I speechless now?

Gathering my courage I begin once again but I can feel with the gaze, my enthusiasm is less this time.

"Hey, I just met you and this is crazy
But here's my number, so call me maybe
It's hard to look right at you babbyyy...-Uh- what?..." Suddenly he stopped the car. Shit I shouldn't have irritated him! Now he is going to leave me here all alone. What the fuck have I gotten myself into!

"I am really sorry... I swear to God I would not I mean never like, never ever trouble you. Please don't drop me off her. See around. What will I do all alone? It's getting dark and I don't even have my phone to call and....." I sound pathetic and I was scared unless I heard his laughter echoing in the eeriness around.

He was laughing hard and I didn't mind one bite that possibly he was laughing at me. He looked so natural while laughing. So not what people perceive him to be.

"Apology accepted. But we have to figure out which way to go."

"Uh- what?" I am embarrassed and it goes without saying that in the chilliness of the forest my cheeks are set on fire.

"Do you remember which way we came? My GPS isn't working." He asked with a smile. I wanted to answer but I was so lost looking at his face that I didn't realize that I was staring.

"Hey! hey?" He pushed the dropping shades on my nose, completely blackening his face in my vision. Now I don't like the shades anymore. They blacken my vision.

Pulling off the eyewear I look ahead and point to the road heading to the left. He looks at the diversion and turns the steering to drive on the right road. What the fuck? If you don't want to follow what I say why ask?

"I clearly remember it was the left road." I put forth my stand.

"I know it was the right one." That's all he has to say.

"I swear to God, I know it was the left one."

"God....Now definitely it's the right one." He gave a sarcastic laugh. What was that suppose to mean? But before I could ask him he was talking again.

"God...well you believe in God. Right? " Why do I sense mockery?

"Yeah. Everyone does...."

"Not everyone." He cuts me.