Redeeming Sins (2)

HIM

Tomorrow is the day we part ways. The plan is already set into motion. She did enter the college in her new clothes and as I had expected, guys drooled after her. The jerk even gave her a double check and I practically had to restrain myself from strangling each guy for their thoughts were clear as day light to me.

She was happy when the jerk approached her apart from their project work. She ignored his advances as part of our plan. We hanged out for our planning and plotting but ended up just having fun eating or talking. 

The Doll's birthday party was due next week and I just had a week more before we part ways. I just had this one week to enjoy with her to live the life that has been haunting me since I met her.

"Why do you even like him?" Before I could stop my treacherous mouth asked her. She looked at me once and for far too long held my stare. And without a word she stared back as the night sky as we lay beside each other on my terrace. She didn't have an answer, and that boosted my hollow confidence.

"Come on, there has to be something in a guy for you to love..." I said the last word softly.

"What do you want in a guy anyway?" With this question I turned on my left arms now fully facing her.

There was silence as she too turned and faced me completely. The night breeze blew and without much a thought I pulled the blanket on both of us and suddenly I felt as if the temperature fell. We lay close enough and my mind was screaming the obvious fact that I could easily kiss her right now. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, I waited for her answer and I admitted it to myself the inevitable fact that I was madly in love with this girl.

I was in love with the good-hearted girl, the girl who kept quiet, the girl who loved feeding stray dogs but at the same time grabbed my arm when they barked loud, the girl who ate Chinese because I loved it, the girl who wore checked shirt. I was in love with her big brown eyes, her contagious smile and I knew I would fight the world for her.

____________________________

HER

I just left. I couldn't answer his question. The look in his eyes haunted me and I had no answer why I liked it that way. The feeling of his hands brush against mine warmed me up even when the night was chill.

My crush has been paying attention to me a lot.

"So there you go partner." He says with his hands in his pockets. Suddenly I feels as if he has a very tensed posture. I am standing outside the Doll's house, its her birthday party.

"Won't you come and see our success?"

He just looks into my eyes and I feel like he can see my soul. With a small smile which doesn't reach up to his eyes, he shakes his head to the negative staring directly into my eyes and I feel like something just broke within me.

 I open my mouth but stop when he takes a step towards me. Standing in close proximity I smell his masculine cologne making my head mushy. He rests his forehead against mine and instantly I close my eyes.

 I am vaguely aware of the party music or shouts of the people around. Our breathing is deep and I don't know what I want right now but I am sure if he inches anymore closer, I won't object. I feel his lips place a kiss on my forehead and I open my eyes to meet his dull ones now.

"I...I will see you later partner?" I manage the words out and suddenly cringe when he takes a step back and I lose the warmth.

Everything happened in a blur then. A voice called me and I was pulled into the house for the party. I saw him stand there still looking at me and all my brain was chanting was- "Something is wrong."

Then the next moment my crush dumped the Doll and was now telling me something. While all this I just had my partner in my mind. The time we spent, our late night fun, talking to him, his face, lips on my forehead, his words and his eyes.

"Uh?" I ask my supposed to be 'crush'. Looking around I see a crowd looking at us.

"I was saying, I really like you, will you be my girlfriend?" There the guys I always liked asked the question I wanted. The moment was here. I looked into his eyes and they weren't soft like his, he didn't look at me the way he did, his look didn't make me feel beautiful, strong and warms at the same time.

I was in love. That was it. The feeling I had been feeling lately, the confusion, the questions, the looks, all was clear now. I was madly in love with the guy and I left him there when his eyes had begged me to stay. How can I be so blind to see that?

"No." I blurt out followed by a huge grin.

"I...Wh-What!?" His face must have turned to one in utter confusion but I dint' pay any attention.

"No. I am really sorry I thought you guys weren't good together, but I was wrong. You guys are made for each other, please patch up with her once again. I...I don't. I..I am in love. Can you believe it?! I am in love...bye..." I ran towards the door out of the house. Pushing the crowd, I ran out leaving behind me the silent house.

I was panting , my eyes looking for the black jacket man. Did he leave? I lost him? My heart was beating fast and things calmed in an instant when I spotted him leaning against his car. Panting I reached him and stood at some distance. His arms were crossed in front of his chest and he had this smile on his face which I knew I was in love with.

"You..didn't ..go?" I say breathlessly with all the running.

"A man can have hopes. What are you doing here?" He said with a knowing smile.

"I am here to answer your question." I say as we take a step towards each other.

"I want a man who...who can share my sins. A man who is ready to redeem me of my sins. A man who loves me no matter how I dress or act, who can understand my sacrificing nature and accept me the way I am with all my sins."

We were standing right in front of each other and I was breathless once again.

"I can do that..What else?" He says resting his forehead against mine and snaking his arms around my waist as he pulled me closer.

"You know...what is the biggest sin?" I smile as I inhale his addictive cologne once again.

"Its to let the love of your life walk away. And I don't want to commit that sin." I smile as I hear our heartbeats despite of the loudness of the party behind us.

"You know what I want to do? I want to kiss you, kiss you so hard that you will forget about all sins." And with that he did what he wanted to do.

I am a good-hearted person and I will always remain the same. Maybe I didn't go to Switzerland but I spent time with my family, I didn't get the big window room but I made great friends in that hostel room. I let others have things and first swing chance but I made them happy. My mother was right all along, I did get my fair share of happiness. I got him.

*********************

STAY SAFE. VOTE. KEEP READING :)