Redeeming Sins (1)

HAPPY DIWALI FOLKS! (if you celebrate it...nevermind even then, happy Diwali! :))

****************************

HER

I have a crush on the boy in my college. He is in my project team but apparently, he is committed. I know one should be happy seeing others happy, like that is what is called as –" Good hearted" people.

Since I was a kid I had always tried finding happiness in that of others. Giving my favourite shoes to my sister, letting my kindergarten best friend have the first chance at the swing or even eating the terrible food made by Dad, to make him happy.

Yes, now I reflect back on my deeds and I feel I have always been such a good-hearted person, always sacrificing for the happiness of others. Well, maybe there was a bit of selfishness in all of this cause my mother always taught me – Bring happiness to others and you will get your share of happiness too. To be 21 now and in college I am being honest when I say – "I am still waiting for that share of happiness God?!"

In grade 10th I lost the trip to Switzerland prize in a competition, In hostel I didn't get the room with the big window.

Things have never played in my favour no matter how much I sacrifice and be selfless.

And now its enough. I can't take it anymore. So I am going to get what I want this time, no matter how evil that makes me. A 'Good' person like me can afford some sins in her account.

Presently, I am sitting in the cafeteria looking at my crush and his new girlfriends getting all cosy and comfortable. There has to be some flaw in the dolled-up girl, any flaw. I just have to find that and prove that they are not meant for each other. This is his third girlfriend this year and it is my last year in college. I have to have a degree and my love life sorted out by the end of the year.

"So how are we planning to kill her?" A boy in blue polo shirt slides next to me not looking at me even for a glance. His eyes are fixed at the same cosy couple I was staring a moment ago.

I opened my mouth but before I could utter any words to the stranger, he looked at me with a serious face and I swear his brown eyes were the prettiest I had ever seen.

"So we are killing her or him? Honestly I don't mind both but my personal choice would be only the girl. The less blood on my hands the better chances to be in heaven. But killing the dude is going to a guilty pleasure...."

"WE? Excuse me?"

"Okay fine lets not kill the guy if you like him but the girl....." He is so ignorant to my confusion cause I know even the sweeper at the distance can make out my confused face.

"WE. ARE. NOT. KILLING. HIM"

He raises his eye and opens his mouth when I interrupt him, "EVEN. HER. Or ANYONE."

His shoulders drop like I just dismissed his most perfect plan.

"Who are you?" I frown.

He gives me a sly smile and I feel I should have just ignored him, now with the introductions this could be harmful to my being.

"I; am your partner and savior."

"What partner and savior how, mister enlighten me will you?" I ask in a sarcastic tone and a tight-lipped smile.

"Now I really like manners lady and so the answer is, I am your partner when we teach those two a lesson or kill whatever you want, and by helping you I redeem you of half the sin."

"How overly generous of you, but WE are not happening." I point my index finger back and forth between us.

I glance at the couple and as expected they cared less of people talking of their murder. Quickly I get out of the canteen table. I stop mid track away from my supposed " Angelic partner" when he speaks once again. "What if I can get info on her?" I don't turn around and suddenly sense him walking close to my ear as he stands in my personal bubble. "Information, that will split them up? Isn't that what you want?" His soft voice echoed in my ears, like the snake had hypnotized Mowgli in the Jungle Book, I was stuck at his words.

I made a huge mistake to look at his face and his smirk and shinny eyes tell me that he figured it out easily that I was hooked to his words, that I was there in his plan right at that moment, as his Partner. There he asked for my first ever potential sin and I was about to share it with him. 

___________________________

HER

"So how do we go about it?"

He smiles a Cheshire cat smile and I feel he has everything planned out well. Oh Boy!

"Step 1: We make him notice you."

"Ookayyy..."

"Then we spill out of the infidelity of the 'Doll' and that's when he will come to you." His eyes twinkle.

"How do you know about it?"

"A soldier knows a lot about the enemy" He smirks at my creased brows.

"Why don't we directly tell him about her, easy?"

"No. I want her to get publicly dumped." I see a serious evil look on his face. I gulp and manage to ask, "The plan seems both vindictive and personalized."

I meet his eyes and I think they soften a bit.He shrugs and says, "She dumped me publicly and on my birthday." Yes,that explains his urge to be my partner and have this devious plan all thoughtof.

___________________________

HIM

She had dumped me and I was really pissed off. She had this habit of playing with guys and right now she was with the 'Cool dude'. My partner is in the changing room trying on clothes. I had to practically drag that girl out for shopping because she isn't winning a jerk with just her personality, wit or humour. I had seen the way she broke the plastic spoon when looking at the couple and I knew I had my partner.

I don't even know what she sees in that boy. I mean she is so funny, kind and its so easy to talk to her but he is just another womanizer. I did plan on telling her to drop that guy but I don't think she will listen to me. She thinks he is smart, sweet and all that a 'Good' man can have.

At that moment she walks out of changing stalls in a white blouse and black skirt, showing off her log legs perfectly. She looks at me and all I can do is eye her up and down. Twirling around she gives a full view and I swear if I stay a second more here I would myself embarrassed, thank the heavens I already have a magazine sprawled open on my lap. Her face turns red and I just nod. She turns and with a last glance I rush out of the store. Breathing I try to think of all the boring and hideous things I can think of at the moment.

Maths...I hate equations. Theory of relativity by Einstein and football, volleyball has a ball in the game...in beach volleyball...Oh god! Suddenly her in a bikini playing volleyball pops up in my mind and I know no matter what I try or how much I try to dismiss the thought, She is hell attractive.

I am calmed now thank the lord but something else bubbles up within me. What that that jerk done to deserve her attention? Does he even know what he got? That exact moment she walked out of the store with a few shopping bags back in her checked shirt and plain blue jeans, covering up all her curves, yet looking simply beautiful.

Should I tell her to drop that guy, I mean she can do better. I turn to look at her face. She has got soft features and the way her chocolate brown hair falls on her shoulder makes her look even more delicate if its possible. "I think he will fall head over heels for me now... I looked good right?" I see her beaming at her. She really wants him. The happiness I saw on her face got my tongue. "Yes. You looked beautiful." If she got the seriousness on my face she didn't say much but something there in around us sat heavily. I didn't let her astray from her love, if he was that.

___________________________________