Touch and timing(3)

HER

I was embarrassed initially and ignored his teasing talks. But with time his presence wasn't annoying anymore. Like he was a part of my every morning, my everyday and my life. Now I couldn't bear standing quietly in the elevator, his talks, his voice was like my daily remedy.

One day when the lift was packed with people I was pushed by the crowd ahead and a man who was facing me was about to fall on me but he was there. Immediately he squeezed himself between me and the stanger, placing his hands on my sides and caging me to the steel wall. Funny I was being protected by the touch of a stranger by someone hardly knew.

The look he had on his face was of protectiveness. I don't think he ever realized his actions or his closeness because he was too involved in trying to maintain a safe distance from me and at the same time not let any other man come near me.

Maybe I had judged him too fast. He was a gentleman. And honestly his closeness was not making me uncomfortable.

The weekend my mind was full of his thoughts and on the following Monday when he was late I waited. Waited for him to join me. Him being beside me was now a habit.

Time did change things between us, in my life. That one second.

********************************************

HER

I am going to meet a little girl – Sonal. I had met the street girl months ago when I went out for a night walk. Days before that one second when I lost my first kiss to a stranger turned....? What has he turned to? A friend? No we don't hang out nor my friends know about him. Never even referred ach other as friends ever. Acquaintances? No we meet everyday. Well I think about it later but now I have to meet and gift the little street girl shoes I brought for her yesterday.

I reached the turning where she sold roses with her sisters and mother,with a smile. She wasn't there. Her mother and younger sisters were there but not her.

"Aunty, Sonal?" I asked the poor woman.

She looked at me with confued face and with a smile I informed her of the footwear I had got. Suddenly she burst into tears and a younger version of Sonal came running to us.

She consouled her mother and between all the chaos she said, "Sonal died a week ago, a car hit her."

I did the first think that came to my mind, I dropped the shoes and ran. Where? I don't know. Whatever turns I see I am running. How can this be possible? I had just met the little girl a few months ago first and had been meeting her between some intervals. I had a chat with her just two weeks ago when I told her about him. She was adamant that I was in love with him and when I asked her why she assumed that, she say that the way I talk about him gives it all.

How can a kid think such things? She was a smart girl. I can't believe I am referring to her as 'was' now.

My vision is blurred and I by now my muscles are tired of running. Suddenly I bump into a person. With blury vision I look up and find him.

His face is panicked and his eyes roam all around my face. I feel his cold hands against my hot face, wiping the falling tears.

When I see someone I know see me crying I suppress my tears but this time I couldn't. I threw my arms around his shoulder and wept more on his chest. I felt his hand snake around me and he engulfed me in a warm strong hug. Between my sobs I told him and his grip around me became tighter. My eyes are tired of crying yet I don't want to leave him, his touch is the only thing keeping me falling on the ground. His warmth is calming, like its taking away the sadness in me and giving me just care.

"People die on me" I mutter with my eyes closed. I think its is the best feeling when I am wrapped in his warm arms and with closed eyes I listen to his heartbeat, my erratic heartbeat slowing down and now beating in sync with his.

I look up to him and clearing my throat I say, "My mother...."

He puts his fingers on my lips and shut my mouth immediately. With soft eyes he brings his face close to mine and soon I feel his lips on mine. Instantly I reciprocate his kiss,

"People go when they have to, you can't do anything about it but pray that wherever they are, they are happy. I love you and I want you there in my life, I want to be in your life. I am proud of myself to take the risk of putting that foot between the lift door. You are and never will be alone."

I smile and kiss him once again. There cannot be a better answer to his confession. Today I don't want to communicate my feeling through words but only touch.

Funny thing is touch, can make someone feel uncomfortable and also say a lot of things without even actually speaking.

Wherever the little girl is or my mother is I hope they are happy. Smart girl she was, before I could figure it out she knew I was in love. Sometimes some bad days can bring you to the best turns.

__________________________________________

:) ENJOY READING AND STAY SAFE!