Chapter 48 - Revitalization

"Why am I here?"

"I bring you here to meet me, (Y/N)."

"Who are you?"

"Don't you remember me? We met a long time ago. Since you were born. And not long ago, we met as well."

The surrounding turns into a beautiful garden.

"What is this place?"

"You're in my domain, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) turned to the voice.

"And my domain is your domain, which is inside you."

A man with a similar face feature as (Y/N) speaks as he stood up from a bench.

"Wait, I remember you..."

"..."

"You are that voice man!" (Y/N) shouted.

"That's right, my son. Good job remembering me."

The man walks towards (Y/N) and pats his head. (Y/N) slap his hand away.

"I'm not your son."

"Oh, forgive me."

The man walks to a bridge hovering over the pond below.

"What am I doing here?" (Y/N) asked.

"Follow me." He stated before walking away. (Y/N) followed him.

They ended up in an open field. (Y/N) look around in wonder before the man unexpectedly rip the air open as if it's a wall.

"What the hell?" (Y/N) said as he was startled by his sudden action. The man walks through the 'wall'.

(Y/N) did the same.

The place changes to night time as the place is light up by a moon. It's the same park as before but it's mirrored.

"This is... cool." (Y/N) said to himself.

Then he saw a purple sphere in the middle of the park. It's levitating.

"Come here and look at it." The man said.

"What is this thing?" He inspects the thing carefully as to not touch it since it looks very fragile and could break anytime soon.

"There's cracks at some of the part." (Y/N) said.

"This... Is your spirit core."

"Hoo, naruhodo."

"If this is destroyed, you would be a living corpse by now. Look at it. There are cracks all over it. It's gradually breaking."

"I see it. But how do I fix it?"

"You can't. It's impossible."

(Y/N) look at him in disbelief.

"Then that means... If it was destroyed... I can't restore it?"

The man nodded. (Y/N) gulped.

"So you'll have to take care of it from now."

"H-How?" (Y/N) asked but the man didn't answer as he put his hand on the spirit core.

"Oiiii!!! What are you doing?!??!" (Y/N) ran to him as he was stopped by an invisible force, keeping him away from the man.

"Nani?" He tried to reach out to the man but he touched an invisible barrier instead.