Chapter 20 - Pillar Meeting

Nobody Pov

8 months had passed since that day, Kyojuro has recovered fully and (Y/N) is still not found.

At this moment Kanae is sitting on the engawa eating sakura mochi while looking at the sakura tree at the butterfly estate. Kanae has been appointed as the new flower pillar not too long ago, which is a few months ago.

She became one because of her impressive swordsmanship. A crow came to her from the sunny blue sky, he landed in front of her. She recognizes it was the Master's crow since it has a purple cloth around its neck.

"FLOWER PILLAR, KOCHO KANAE! GO TO THE UBUYASHIKI ESTATE! A PILLAR MEETING! A PILLAR MEETING!"

"Hai, Hai. Thank you, little bird~" Kanae said with her soft voice.

The crow nodded and flew away. She ate her last mochi and stood up. She walked into a hallway, where a short girl with a black to purple hair walking holding a laundry basket. Her back facing Kanae.

"Shinobu~ I will be going to Oyakata-Sama estate, there's a pillar meeting, so guard the house while I'm gone okay?"

The girl named 'Shinobu' turned around.

"Okay Nee-San, take care." She said

Kanae nodded with a smile and walked to the front door. She walked through the door and close it behind her. She walked out of the butterfly estate and strode down the road path to the Ubuyashiki Estate.

The birds are chirping and the flowers are blooming. Kanae loves this type of environment. She enjoys walking on a peaceful day, not fighting or killing.

When she is walking, she crosses path with another pillar.

"Konnichiwa, Rengoku-San!~," Kanae said while cupping her mouth and waved. The said man heard this and look at her.

"Ah! Konnichiwa, Kocho-San!" He exclaimed energetically as always.

"Are you going to the meeting too?" Kanae asked Kyojuro

"Yep! And I just so happen to bump into you" Kyojuro answered back.

"Well then, let's go~"

Kyojuro nodded. They are walking side by side. Kanae is the first one to strike a conversation with Kyojuro.

"Rengoku-San, is Shinazugawa-San okay now?"

Rengoku looks at her.

"Yep, With his outburst last week and you reassuring him, he's been fine. In fact, he respects Oyakata-Sama more now thanks to you."

"That's good," Kanae said.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the estate gate. Two little girls with white hair greeted them and they greeted back. The little girls move out of the way so the two pillars can go to the meeting area.

Kyojuro and Kanae arrived at the meeting area which is a beautiful garden. All of the other pillars are already here.

'Uzui-San is flamboyant as always, Shinazugawa-San looks more behaved than before, Obanai-San is quiet up on the tree, Himejima-San is still crying and Tomioka-San is alone like always.' Kanae thought.

Kanae walks up to Shinazugawa.

"Konnichiwa, Shinazugawa-San. How are you doing?" She asked him.

He just scoffed and look away.

"Fine..."

Kanae smiled.

And before she could say anything.