Prologue

Nobody Pov

Outside of a small house, a boy can be seen sitting down under a tree and enjoying the relaxing scenery. The cool breeze hitting on his face is able to make him feel more relaxed than ever.

The boy was well known in his village because of his kind and cheerful nature. Some villagers are even treating him like their own child.

"(Y/N)!" A woman called out to him from inside the house, breaking him out of his trance

The boy responded, "Yes mother!"

(Y/N) Pov

I jog into the house and found my mother standing with a basket.

Mother gave me an apologetic look "I'm sorry (Y/N) but can you fetch the fruit that I ordered from Haruto ojii-san? But his shop is on the other side of the village, so I'm not really sure if you want to..."

I smiled "It's ok mother! I'm a big boy now, this task is going to be easy!"

Mother release a sigh of relief.

"Okay, but be careful on your way and come back home before dark ok?"

"Hai!"

I grabbed the basket from my mother and walked out of the front door. I wave goodbye to my mother before I go on to my little adventure.

3rd Pov

(Y/N) is walking on a dirt path looking at every flower he can look at. He occasionally sniffs some of the flowers to calm his nerve down. While walking with a flower in his hand, he accidentally stumbles on a rock.

He had no time to react until suddenly a hand catches him from falling, he was shocked a bit. He looked up and saw a man with black hair and red eyes, he's wearing a purple haori, underneath it is some kind of a uniform.

"Are you okay kid?" He said with an emotionless look

"Y-yeah I'm fine mister."

"You should be careful of your surroundings next time."

"Thank you, mister, I will keep that in mind!"

"Good."

(Y/N) Pov

He then walked away to the direction of my village. I noticed he has a katana on his hip. I think about why he would bring a sword with him but I shrugged it off and walked off to my destination

1 hour later

"And that's the last of it," I said after filling the basket with fruit with Haruto ojii-san.

"It's getting dark (Y/N)-Kun, you can stay at my house for the night and then set off tomorrow morning if you want to?"

I shook my head "It's fine ojii-san, I have to head home today or mother will get worried about me."

"Understandable, have a great day."

"Yes."

I got out and saw the sun is about to set.

"Oh no, I got to hurry!"

And with that, I ran back home

30 minutes later

When I arrived, what I saw scarred me for my whole life. Houses are burning, people are dying and dead bodies are all over the ground. Then I remembered...

"Mother, Father, Asahi, Hamari!" I yelled and hurriedly rushed back to my house ignoring the screams of the people around me. I was crying while praying for my family to survive all of this.

I found my house and I panted heavily. I saw the door is broken. I immediately get inside the house and saw bloodstains across the walls and floors. I immediately closed my nose to prevent the awful smell from inside the house. Suddenly, I heard a blood-curdling scream. I ran to the sound of the scream.

When I finally found the source of the scream, I was met with horrifying scenes. I saw my family lifeless on the ground.

I walked to their bodies and cried "Mother...Father...Hamari...Asahi" I said while caressing their faces.

"Well, well, well another food for me to enjoy!"

I turned around and I saw a humanoid looking figure on all fours on the ground.

"W-who a-are you," I said with a shaky tone.

"Me? Oh my bad, my name is Sensou, I was a normal civilian just like you but when that 'man' came, I became a demon and I can do anything that I want on this meaningless world!"

"A-a demon?! I thought that was just a myth!"

He smirks "Then you are mistaken"

"So you're the one who kills my family you jerk!" I yelled with a voice filled with sorrow and anger.

"Oh? So those are your family? You know when I was tearing them apart they were screaming and calling for help, those sounds are like music to my ears~" He grinned

"WELL NO MORE TALKING, I WANT TO EAT MORE, ITADAKIMASU!!" He then lunged at me with inhuman speed. I was able to dodge it but I got a slash mark on my chest from it.

'How is he so fast'

"Ho? I think I got a fighter over her, but I don't mind it, I want a good challenge from my prey before they die."

He then runs at me and was about to kick me but I counter it by throwing the basket full of fruit that I'm holding at him.

He let out a 'tch' and dodge it easily.

I turned around and run for my life

Outside of the house

"Someone, please help me!!" I yelled

"IT'S POINTLESS NO ONE WILL HELP YOU NOW" I heard him said

I then grabbed a random axe on the ground and looked on my back.

He was very close to me, he then pounces onto me.

I managed to slice his neck a bit but in return, he slashed my arm and there's a big gash on it.

I yelped from the pain

He then landed on top of me

"You are pretty good for a child but your time ends now."

I struggled and struggled to get out but it was in vain

He then opened his mouth wide enough to swallow my head whole

I closed my eyes waiting for my death but it never came...

I opened my eyes and saw a purple haori swirling in the wind

I was confused and shocked at the same time

"You did well, you can rest now, leave everything to me." I can faintly hear him saying it.

"Void Breathing..."

Suddenly my vision started to blur and I passed out from too much blood loss.

(1076 words)