Chapter 49 - Vengeance

"Don't have hard feelings when you're in me later... Ehe."

---

Kanae focused on her breathing to bring her full potential in the battle.

"Ok, first of all, before we fight, I just want to say, you're really cute! Can we hang ou-" The demon was stopped as his body was slashed in an instant. He staggered back a little but his face doesn't seem to indicate he's in any pain.

"That's rude. I was talking, you know?" He said in a condescending tone while he regenerates his wounds.

Kanae stood straight from behind him and glare at him.

'This demon is a strong one... I don't think I could beat him, but I could stall some time until sunrise.' Kanae got into her stance again.

"Fufu~ I want you to attack me again, please?" He said with a carefree smile.

Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!

Kanae charged at him as fast as she could and send nine consecutive attacks towards the upper moon two. The demon didn't block nor evade as he stays to get hit by her.

With her last attack, she uses all of her strength in her arm to stab him in the neck and slam him down on the ground, creating a large crater from the impact.

The demon spits out his saliva as his eyes rolled back.

Kanae breathed heavily from what she did. All of a sudden his hand moves to attack her right on the spot but she was able to dodge albeit she got clawed on her arm, tearing the haori and her muscles.

She yelped in pain before hitting the ground harshly a few meters away from him.

The demon stood up slowly and lick her blood from his claw.

"You taste delicious. I can't get enough of you!" The upper moon two exclaimed as the hole from his neck regenerate instantly.

"I'm being too careless..." Kanae muttered as she focused on her breathing to stop the bleeding as much as she can.

"Now, my turn." He grinned before he pulls out his dual sharp fans. He muttered.

Blood Demon Art, Barren Hanging Garden!

The demon swings his fans sending a series of attacks that creates a gust of razor-sharp ice shards toward Kanae.

Kanae was able to dodge with the strength of her leg out of the way and miraculously didn't get hit. She picks up her sword before standing up.

'His blood demon art is dangerous. I have to be very careful from now.' Kanae thought while breathing heavily ignoring the burning pain on her arm.

"You're strong, I like that in a woman I feast." He stated with a smile.

She looks at him with a serious face.

Flower Breathing, Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo!

She charges at him in a zigzag before ultimately sending a slash towards the demon's neck.

It hit him and Kanae use her arm strength to push her sword down to decapitate him.

"You're fast and strong... But I'm not just going to let you win this so easily you know." He grinned before he stops her arm from slicing him. Kanae eyes widened as she couldn't move her arm anymore.

The upper moon two use one of his fans and said.

Blood Demon Art, Wintry Icicles.

A barrage of icicles seemingly materializes above their head.