Chapter 4 - Final Selection and Tragedy

Suddenly, someone bumped into you from behind, you turned around and saw a girl was about to fall. You quickly catch her from falling. You gave her a concerning look.

"Are you okay?"

She has a slight blush on her face. You observe her appearance, she has long straight black hair that reaches below her waist. She also sported a pair of green and pink butterfly hairpins that she wore adorned on either side of her head. Her face is like the goddess herself, you are mesmerized by her bright and bug-like eyes.

"Hey what are you doing to nee-san?!"

You break out of your trance and you look at the other girl with a black to purple hair beside her questioningly.

Then you realized that you are still holding her. Your face is red from embarrassment. You immediately let her stand up and bow.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do something like that!"

"No, no, I'm the one that should be sorry, I bumped into you in the first place so it's my fault." She bowed deeply

"It's his fault nee-san! He's the one that gets in our way!"

You gave the short girl a confused look.

"Now, now Shinobu, no need to argue anymore. Stranger-san may you please move aside?"

"Y-yes." You replied

You moved to the side to let both of them walk past you. The short girl is staring daggers at you. If looks could kill, you would be having a brutal death right now.

'This angry looking chihuahua is glaring at me, what did I even do to her...'

You are having a staring contest with her until you heard someone clapping.

You turned around and Sabito is clapping

"Damnn, I didn't know you are a ladies man (Y/N)!"

"Oh, shut up."

You were vibing until you heard 2 feminine voices. You turned to look at them. Both of them are white-haired and they have the same hairstyle. 'Are they twins?' You thought to yourself.

They both speak in unison

"Everyone"

"We thank you for coming here tonight"

"To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection."

'Not gonna lie, that is kinda creepy'

One of the white-haired girls speak

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane."

"Captured alive by the Demon Slayer Swordsmen"

"And unable to leave"

The other white-haired girls continue

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much."

"Blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain."

The first white-haired girl speak up

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on and so demons abound"

The second white-haired girl says again

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection"

They both speak in unison and bow

"And now, be on your way"

After that, most of the people walk past the two girls and go in deeper in the mountain