Chapter 5 - Grief

!!!

You woke up in a black void. There's no light, there's no sound... It's just black... Everywhere... You feel like you are floating

You heard groaning beside you. You looked to the side and it was Sabito. He is looking down on the floor.

"S-Sabito?" You asked with a trembling voice

"Why..."

"Why didn't you save me..."

Sabito said with a lifeless voice

He looks up and his eyes are black and there's blood all over his face and body. His face will give you a nightmare for sure.

You stayed silent, not wanting to say anything because you know his words are true. You feel guilty.

Suddenly in a blink of an eye, a lot of Sabito are surrounding you.

You look at all of them in horror.

They started T posing. They all speak at the same time.

"Why are you even my friends"

"You are the one that should have died not me"

"You thought you are strong but in reality, you are just weak and pathetic"

"Pathetic...pathetic...pathetic"

You closed your ears to drown out the insult. Even though you closed your ears their voices can still be heard. It's like he is speaking right in your ears.

You started to scream, begging for them to stop but they didn't.

And this goes on and on for what seems like an eternity

Back in reality

You jolted awake and screamed at the top of your lungs.

"Hey! Are you okay?! Why are you screaming?!!"

You continue to scream

"Calm down!!"

You started to cough from all of that screaming and screeching

You started to calm down

"Are you okay now?"

You realized that you are in a room of some kind. You look at the person that is talking to you. It is a boy with straight jet-black hair.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the one that saves you last night"

'Why am I feeling a sense of deja vu here'

There's a bandage wrapped around your head probably blood came out from your head, Then you remembered...

"Wait.... Where's Sabito!?!" You asked him with a demanding tone

"Hey, hey, calm down! We already buried him in the graveyard so you can visit him later but we have to go back to the mountain."

You stayed silent

"Why?" You asked him

"Well we have to get our swords and uniform and stuff, so we gotta hurry up," He said and stood up

He helps you to stand up. You feel a stinging pain in your head.

"Owww" you rubbed your head to ease the throbbing pain.

"You're not looking so good, Can you walk?"

"Yeah I can walk"

You take your scarf, and haori on a table beside the bed and wore them. You take your sword that is leaning against the wall. Then you saw Giyu on another bed.