Chapter 16 - Yesterday's Friend is Today's Enemy

Nobody Pov

(Y/N) is running on the rooftops while looking down at the busy streets below. Searching for something that is out of ordinary.

He saw 2 people wearing robes so (Y/N) can't see their faces. In front of them is the person that he recognizes. It's Kyojuro. The 2 people that are wearing those robes are following him.

'Why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be on the other side of the village?' He decided to follow them. Kyojuro and the 2 mysterious people are walking and heading into the direction of a forest nearby. (Y/N) jumped off the rooftops to the ground.

He startled some people as he came out of nowhere. (Y/N) hid behind some covers tracking them down, like a hunter hunting their prey. He watches them closely from afar.

They stopped in front of the forest. (Y/N) blinked once and the 2 mysterious people are gone, leaving only Kyojuro alone. (Y/N) walks up to him, he slowly grabbed his shoulder.

"Rengoku-San?"

CLICK

-15 Minutes Earlier-

Kyojuro Pov

I walked through the busy streets patrolling when I saw (Y/N). This makes me cautious because he's not supposed to be here, this might be a work of a demon or he just forgets his direction. I followed him when I saw 2 people wearing robes came out of a shop and immediately follows (Y/N).

I thought this is bad as (Y/N) doesn't realize that he's being followed. I keep a close eye on the 2 people. They stopped in front of a thick forest. With my trained eyes, they jumped away really fast making it look like they vanished.

(Y/N) is standing there looking at the ground. I decided to check if he's okay. I put my hand around the hilt of my blade, so I can prepare to fight when something happens.

"(Y/N), My boy! Are you okay?" I asked him in my normal tone

CLICK

...

...

...

...

(Y/N) and Kyojuro: ITS A TRAP!!!

Nobody Pov

Two large explosions rang out near the village. The villagers were shocked, to say the least as the smoke of the blast is thick and the sound it made was deafening.

With Kyojuro, he was unscathed as he got out of the way in time.

'Didn't know they would be planning an attack on us. That means they already knew we're here.' Kyojuro pulls out his blade from the scabbard and ready to fight

'Be careful, (Y/N)!'

With (Y/N), he was not so lucky as he was directly caught in the blast, getting him a few burns and wounds from the shrapnel. He is laying on the ground, catching his breath. His ears are bleeding as his enhanced hearing has to hear that loud explosion

'Damn, all of that must be a blood demon art, to fool me thinking that Rengoku-san is actually here and that bomb too, ouch' (Y/N) got up while struggling a little as he was a bit dizzy.

The 2 previous figures jumped in front of (Y/N).

"Long time no see, kid," One of the figures said.

(Y/N) quickly pull out his blade and get into a fighting stance.

"Who are you?!" (Y/N) asked him

He started to laugh seemingly mocking (Y/N).

"I had gone for a few days, and you didn't even recognize me. How sad." He pulls down the hoodie of his robes.