Chapter 8

Smack.

"I thought I told you not to bump up the radiation levels."

Smack. A glimpse of light.

"I thought you said exactly the opposite."

Smack. A splash of color.

"Well, can you suck it all out of him before he dies?"

"Sure." Immediately, right after a small ringing sound, I could see better, if not a bit blurry. I opened my eyes as wide as I could.

"Put the sunglasses on his face, his eyes are doing that freaky thing again." The voice was obviously Pitch's. Something slid onto my face, which was probably the sunglasses mentioned before. A surge of anger flew through me, and a small zap hit him in the chest.

"Ow!" A more feminine voice than the other two said. Who could it be?

"He's awake," Pitch announced. I heard boots touching the floor, making a hollow thud. I was in a different place.

Ice cold water splashed onto my face. I spluttered, spitting it out of my mouth and coughing. I lifted myself up and propped my upper body up on my elbow, letting myself choke the water out of my nose. There was a hissing sound, and the feeling of heat on my skin. All the water evaporated into steam, blinding me momentarily. I shook my head and wiped at my eyes when the steam was gone.

Pitch stood over me with a hand out to help me up. I looked from him to his hand for a second, my mouth open slightly. Who was he to kidnap me and then act like nothing was wrong?! He had no idea what was coming for him!

I swung my arm out and grasped his hand. His hand was firm in mine, and I relished what I did as I had him help me up.

I braced my feet against the ground and pulled with all of my might, grabbing his shoulder and slamming my forehead to his with a tight crack. I used the remaining momentum from him helping me up to springboard myself the rest of the way to an upright position. He fell to the ground, groaning and chopping his forehead. I wasn't even phased.

I took the sunglasses off of my face, flipping them around and looking at my reflection. My eyes were glowing blue. My skull felt like it was vibrating, just like it did before I shocked Pitch at the pier.

I closed my eyes for a second, concentrated, and then opened them. Now they were back to their normal color. I threw the sunglasses aside and crouched down next to Pitch. The fatigue from the water bothered me, and hinted to me that Pitch wanted me to be weak for whatever he lured me here for.

I could also just be paranoid.

"I heard other voices. Who else is here?" I asked, poking him on the shoulder. He rubbed his forehead, where a dark blue spot was starting to form.

"Why don't you have a bruise yet?!" He complained. I punched him in the arm.

"Practice," I answered, ignoring his grunt, "Stop stalling. Who else is here?" I looked around at the warehouse. What was with Pitch and warehouses? The only difference was that this warehouse was slightly larger and filled with crates, and devoid of any windows. The only light came from dim lamps hanging from the ceiling, like that one warehouse where Indiana Jones finds the crystal skull. When he didn't answer, I sighed.

"Fusion Storm and Nitroa," he moaned as he got up to his feet. I took a few steps away from him, just in case he had any funny business that he was going to try.

"Oh I really believe that," I sneered. "Try again."

A small zip came from my right, and then a, "Why don't you try again, Sammy."