5 - Jealous?

It was the day before the party, and that was all anyone could talk about. It might have been a regular thing for there to be a party the first week they were back to school, but everyone was more excited about what would happen after the party. There was always some sort of drama that went down, usually involving Beca, and that would be the talk of the school for the week after. Beca still hadn't decided who she was going to the party with but it wasn't difficult for her to get a date. Most of the time she didn't go with a date but would always leave with one. Maybe this year would be different.

They were sat in Biology, waiting for their homework to be returned to find out what grade they got. It came to Beca and Chloe and their teacher was actually impressed for once.

"I don't know what happened to you over the summer Beca but keep it up. It seems like I finally found you a good influence. Well done Chloe, you achieved the impossible." He returned their homework and on the top of the paper as a big red A. Beca hadn't gotten an A in any homework for a while. Usually B's and C's in subjects she was good at and the rest were F's. Especially in Biology. She looked over and smiled at the redhead and the smile was returned. They had a brief moment but were soon snapped back to reality when Miss Rodgers started talking about something boring like cells and stuff. 

The bell dismissed them an hour later and it was the final period before finishing school for the week. Beca had music so she met Jesse at her locker before they both walked to their class.

"Okay, so I'm gonna do something a little different over the next few weeks. I have been asked to organise a performance by the principal for some sort of special week. It's to do with inspirations, mental health and things like that. We have been asked to perform. So I want you to think of a song by an artist that inspires you and that reflects who you are. By the end of the lesson I want you to have chosen a song and started learning it. It's more of an independent task but if you need me I will be at my desk." 

Miss Carter went and sat at her desk, leaving her students to get on with their work. Beca walked over to the computers and started looking through some artists that she would want to perform. Jesse was sat next to her, also doing the same thing. 

"Any ideas?" Beca asked.

"I like Michael Jackson so maybe I'll sing a song by him or the Jackson 5. I'm gonna guess you decided Bruno Mars."

"I didn't even think about him but now you've said it, he has some great songs."

Beca spent the rest of the period looking through Bruno Mars songs and helping Jesse pick out a Michael Jackson song.

"Alright, the bell is about to go so if you could write down what song you will perform, that would be great." 

Beca and Jesse walked over to the piece of paper and wrote their names, the artist and the song. The bell dismissed them and they made their way to their lockers where Stacey and Emily were waiting for them. 

"Beca can you take me home?"

"I have practise so if your okay with waiting around I can." 

"That's fine." 

They said goodbye and then made their way to the girls locker room. Beca went out onto the field and Emily sat on the bleachers, watching the practise and also working on homework. 

On the other side of the field was where the cheerleading practise was and Aubrey was making the girls run through their routine that they were practising for the half-time show for next weeks game. Beca's soccer team was playing their rivals next week and the whole school was excited for it. The soccer team was the main sport at their high school. They were champions last year and the football team weren't as lucky and hadn't won a game for a while.