15 - Homecoming

Just pointing out that my knowledge of anything American comes straight from movies and TV shows because I am British so most of this is likely to be incredibly inaccurate.

It was the night of homecoming and everyone was extremely excited. Chloe was at Aubrey's house, both of them getting ready and waiting for their dates to pick them up. Chloe had agreed to go with Chicago but still felt a tinge of guilt towards Beca. They were practically dating after all. Aubrey was going with Jason, even though Beca's exact words to Jason were 'I wouldn't take the devil to a dance'.

Beca didn't have a date. But she was going to leave with one. There had never been a school dance where she didn't leave with a girl and this was not about to be her first. She spent most of the previous night at Jesse's house, brainstorming ideas for songs and they managed to come up with what was in their opinion, a pretty good list of songs.

Early that day, the football team won their first game in months which made everyone even more excited for the dance. The previous season didn't exactly go well so their result gave everyone hope, even if it was only a little.

Beca was buttoning up her shirt and a knock came to her bedroom door and in walked Stacie.

"Are you ready?"

"Almost. Do you know how to tie a tie?" Beca's tie hung loosely around her neck as she twisted and wrapped it, hoping it would magically fix itself or something.

"Do I look like the type of girl who knows how to do that? We will ask Jesse when we get there but we're going to be late so hurry your ass up. I'll be waiting downstairs."

Beca rolled her eyes and looked in the mirror as she tried to sort her tie but eventually gave up and just put it in her pocket. She grabbed her phone and went downstairs where her mom was waiting with her camera and already taking pictures of Beca.

"Mom, I love you but you're blinding me." Beca came downstairs and stood at the door.

"Don't think you're getting away that easy. You need to get some pictures with your friends. Plus Catherine wants me to send some pictures of you and Emily."

"Yep, that sounds like my mom. Come on Beca a few pictures won't hurt."

"It will if she doesn't sort the flash out on that thing, seriously, it's blinding."

The girls stood at the bottom of the stairs and took photos, Beca clearly not impressed by the whole mini photoshoot that was going on. After many many photos, the girls finally left and got into Beca's truck since she was the one driving.

They got to the dance and the music could be heard from outside the gym. They walked through the doors and everything was very extra, especially since Aubrey was on the dance committee. There were a lot of balloons in the schools colours, which were blue and white, and a lot of lights that were probably borrowed from the drama department. Considering it was a very low budget prom, it turned out well.

Straight away, the three made their way over to the table where Jesse and Fat Amy were sat and they sat down too. Fat Amy called everyone hot bitches and Jesse taught Beca how to sort her tie but we all know she'll have forgotten by the next time she needs to know. Beca's tie matched her suit, which was all black, apart from the shirt which was white. Stacie's dress was red, Emily's was green and Fat Amy's was a royal blue kind of colour.

On the other side of the gym, Chloe was sat with Chicago, Aubrey, Jason and most of the other cheerleaders. Chloe's dress was more of a sky blue and Chicago's tie matched the colour of her dress.

The school band were playing music at the side of the gym and a lot of people got up to dance. Usually the school would have hired a DJ, but he couldn't make it and their last minute replacement was the students.