10 - A Night To Remember

Beca was stood on the back porch, her phone connected to the speakers and waiting for Chloe to come outside. It had been five minutes since Beca told Chloe to meet her outside and Beca was starting to worry she wasn't going to come when Chloe came out the door.

"Is everything okay?" Chloe was clearly worried about the brunette and she had a right to be considering she didn't know what was going on.

"Everything is perfect. I just need to talk to you about something. I want to recreate something that happened at the party. Maybe add my own stuff in. After we played truth or dare, we danced together. A lot." Beca looked to her phone and started playing music through the speakers. "Now you were too drunk to remember this part but I promise you it happened. It was a different song, but I think this one is better for what I want to do."

Chloe listened to the music and realised it was 'Say You Won't Let Go' by James Arthur. She had a small smile and then Beca took Chloe into her arms, putting her arms on Chloe's waist and Chloe put hers around Beca's neck, just like they had at the party. "You don't remember but we danced like this. I don't know what it was but when I was dancing with you, it was sort of like it was just you and I in the room. I knew everyone was staring and wondering what was going on but I didn't care. We danced and talked and it was just nice, you know. I don't care that you don't remember the party, but I kind of care you don't remember that."

The redhead didn't know what to say. No matter how desperately she wanted to remember, she couldn't.

"Well maybe that night doesn't matter. Maybe, we can dance like this for the rest of the night. I really want to remember and I will try my hardest to, but until then, we make new memories and make then a hundred times better than the ones we can't remember."

"I like the sound of that."

The two stayed silent, staring into each others eyes. Beca didn't want to draw her eyes away from the blue eyes staring right back into hers. Chloe noticed Beca moving her gaze towards the redheads lips and was about to close the gap between them when Fat Amy burst through the door causing the two to pull away from each other.

"Stacie has passed out!"

Beca followed Amy through to the main room where they had Stacie lying on the couch and she was indeed passed out.

"How much has she drank?" Beca crouched down beside Stacie, Chloe only just entering the room, still thinking about what almost happened on the porch.

"She has barely drank anything. She had two beers but that is it. I can drive her to the hospital if I need to."

"We can't take her there because they are going to ask about drinking. We can either wait it out or call-" Beca stopped mid-sentence. "We have to wait it out."

"Come on Beca, you know more than anyone that she is good at this kind of stuff. It's for Stacie."

"Why would she help us? She hates us. No. I'll just have to take her back to my place and if she doesn't wake up, that is when I will call the devil herself. Do you guys mind lifting her into the back of my car while I get our stuff together."

Tom and Jason lifted Stacie into Beca's car and Beca grabbed some of their things like their bags and Stacie's coat. She was about to leave when Chloe stepped in front of her.

"I-, erm, I'll see you around Becs."

"I'm sorry Beale. If I could I would stay with you but Stacie is my best friend."

"It's okay, I understand. Text me if you need Aubrey's number and I'll send it to you."

"Thanks. I'll see you later Beale."